Advice on disassembling chair

Soldato
Hello folks, as above for the Hero Black Edition.
Ive gotten nowhere fast, Ive checked the multitude of guides online but to no avail.

If any of you who have done this can offer some advice, I would be grateful, thank you!

NWM

NWM

Associate
Hello - please let me know how you did this! Have it all done except for taking the gas lift out of the wheelbase......? Any assistance would be appreciated!

Man of Honour
You normally need to tap the base with a hammer to get the gas lift out - there are YouTube videos of the technique in action.

Soldato
OP
Hello - please let me know how you did this! Have it all done except for taking the gas lift out of the wheelbase......? Any assistance would be appreciated!
Rroff is right there are PLENTY of videos on it.
The trouble is, most of the videos make it seem so much easier than it was..

Not going to lie to you, this was an absolutely ******* to get dissassembled, but can be done.

Rubber mallet hammered into the base repeatedly saw the gas lift come away from the base.

The pig for me was getting the gaslift out of the base.

Perseverance!

Ah hang on, the WHEEL base.

Then you had exactly the same problem I had, and it took frikkin hours to get that ******* out of the wheel base.

Wheelbase on lap, with bottom of the gas lift facing upwards.
Hammer repeatedly...

Incidentally. WD40 around the on both the top and bottom side. Let the WD40 somehow work its way through the crevices. Give it 5 mins or so, and then try again.

Back
Top Bottom