Advice on Sky Broadband > Court Order...

Soldato
OP
Well ive been advised to write a LOD (letter of denial), check out beingthreatened.com yolasite, they have a LOD template you can reword, which is what we have done.

Not sure which pictures of the letter you specifically wanted, so i just have these for now: (took off phone so quality might be poor)

letter1r.jpg

letter2z.jpg

letter3.jpg

having spent loads of time looking at the net and thousands of other people with similiar letters, the impression i get is DENY EVERYTHING, AND PAY NOTHING. Doesnt matter if you know you are guilty or not, dont give them any information to feed off.

I will be sending the LOD out and await a response.

coincedentally, RopAyy, in my letter it mentions evacuate the dancefloor too in the small print, yet only future trance works was listed.

seems like a bog standard photocopied letter to me, and they are just scooping up ip addresses to catch people out, like a bluff.

thanks for the posts, some interesting stuff. i think we will complain to the which/trading standards like many others, seems pretty wrong how they are scaring people into paying up £100's of pounds they simply dont have, or should play.

will keep you updated

Soldato
OP
Ive read not to deny it, its best to send a LOD which seems to apparently be the best thing to do. we have done this, lets see how they can identity who has done what with just a ip address.

Associate
Ive read not to deny it, its best to send a LOD which seems to apparently be the best thing to do. we have done this, lets see how they can identity who has done what with just a ip address.

I will do the same, i have the LOD template ready to be sent off although i think i shall be giving a good few days before i do this.

Again as OP said i will also keep this updated.

The letter really is a joke and right now so is my ISP which is with Sky.

Yea the 3 names listed in the letter are the composers of the works 'evacuate the dance floor' which i would presume is on the album that they are saying was downloaded using a connection in your name.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
dont forget reword the LOD template, people are saying that ACS Law will dismiss your letter if they see its from a template. we basically questioned them what exactly we are been excused for, the so called future trance which apparently has an ip address, or the evacuate the dance floor which looks like wording from a generic letter.

mother phoned sky herself, they claim they give no details to any other parties, also that her ip is dynamic and it would be very difficult to identify who was on at the stated times.

also in no rush to post the letter out. the only thing troubling me is that i read ACS law will do everything they can to dismiss your letter, no matter how professional it may be, and will do there darnest to send a 2nd or 3rd letter demanding more.

i could have sworn your ISP had to give you warnings first to at least stop it if you are guilty, or tighten up your wireless security if your think someone else could be using your internet.

they have to prove 100% it was you at the computer, which lets face it is impossible surely.

And then the letters they sent are suspicious, scribbles out, photocopied paper, allan kopie is actually allan eshuiu and vice versa, and then finally it takes them over a year to send the letter out!

it all stinks to me, just carry on denying, dont pay them a penny, and dont give them any information they could use against you.

scumbags.

Associate
They can't dismiss a letter you send to them for being proforma, and since the practice isn't illegal (meaning it's technically legal) they have to acknowledge a response legally.

It's all superficial really. You will never be taken to court. They've never taken anyone to court because they day that they do (or the day someone takes them to court) the ip address "identification" will be dismissed and their business model will collapse.

Associate
This is certainly not a professional communication and may be ignored . However, never, absolutely never, ignore any correspondence emanating from a court. Either take legal advice or present yourself suitably to the court.
Note: Sky is in essence a film producer should anyone have an isp who is also a film manufacturer?

Soldato
OP
they can whistle for it, theres even youtube videos from the lords mps and such talking about ACS law. they are scaring people into paying up, with little evidence, talk about clutching at short straws.

i mean, suppose you download the simpsons or any other film whatever by torrent, yet you own the original contents in hard copy, say your originals are slightly worn or scratched and you dont want to risk damaging it any further so you are only backing it up by downloading the same.

who is to say you dont own what you downloaded?

they are welcome to check my mothers laptop anytime, like she would rave to evacuate the dancefloor or future trance at 49!

In anycase, dont give them any information to defend yourself, they have to prove your guilty before you need to worry about proving your innocence.

Peg

Peg

Associate
Soldato
OP
oh ok, never knew that. in either case i havnt or has my mother downloaded anything, 86 year old pensioners are also getting letters of accused of downloading evacuating the dancefloor works!

Man of Honour
I don't think I've ever seen a thread with so much bad legal advice in it...I'd ignore what everyone here as said (some of which shows a complete misunderstanding of civil law) and ignore those websites, which in many cases aren't much better. You're actually all right in this case, but in another situation you could get completely screwed listening to the advice of some people here.

Soldato
OP
I don't think I've ever seen a thread with so much bad legal advice in it...I'd ignore what everyone here as said (some of which shows a complete misunderstanding of civil law) and ignore those websites, which in many cases aren't much better. You're actually all right in this case, but in another situation you could get completely screwed listening to the advice of some people here.

very good point.

well we sent a letter to them on on the 18th of this month so it will be interesting to see what reply, if any we get.

will keep you all updated...

Back
Top Bottom