Associate
Hi All

Specs first - get it out the way

i7-4790
GTX1060 evga
16GB HyperX Fury DDR3
250GB external SSD
1TB Internal WD Blue HDD

Basically on simulation games which i play a lot of, what would give me better performance?

Saving them on external (USB 3.0) SSD Samsung T5 or 7200rpm WD Blue?

Many contrasting results from people? Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thank you

Associate
OP
Thanks for quick reply mate,

Its a usb SSD but i take it i can get a USB to SATA? would that be just a quick?

When i run benchmark tests on ATTO - it says the SSD is always quicker then the HDD; however some people have stated thats theoretical and not exactly for gaming?

Thanks

Associate
A 240gb ssd is beer money so little excuse not to run an internal ssd. Though I would go for 500gb these days.

My youngest lad has a 240gb PNY ssd for the OS, 960gn PNY ssd for games, and a WD 1.5tb green hdd for general storage. All internal.

Soldato
SSD will improve every aspect of PC use, from loading time of Windows to use of daily programs.
So there's no reason for not having SSD.
And half TB is pretty much usefull minimum size, if you're doing something else than word processing/web surfing.

When i run benchmark tests on ATTO - it says the SSD is always quicker then the HDD; however some people have stated thats theoretical and not exactly for gaming
It's NVMe drive which gives very little advantage over SATA SSD.
Both are lot more responsive than HDD for small file reads of programs starts and good amount also with bigger loads:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=nvme+ssd+hdd

Back
Top Bottom