1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on Teaching English Abroad?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by englishpremier, 11 May 2006.

1. englishpremier

Sgarrista

Before i start i did a search as i thought this would be a popular topic but didn't find much. Anyway....

In my final year of University 2004/2005, I applied to the JET scheme to teach English in Japan. I attened an interview at the embassy etc.. but in the end didn't get a offered a job.

I am still interested in taking some time out to teach english abroad was wondering what is the best route with regards to qualifications e.g TEFL or something else?

I may well re-apply to Jet when it opens again in november and so was also wondering if one of these courses would help support my application.

:D

2. Dr House

Capodecina

lots of kids come to prague to teach english. Its not going to make you rich but you will have quite a fun summer. Pays around £6 per hour

3. mctiny

Mobster

I`ve just started to look into Teaching English in Brasil so if anyone can help me as well It`d be grand.

Sorry for the semi-hijack of the thread. ;)

4. yak.h'cir

Mobster

TEFL and JET are the two ways i've heard about doing it before.

I'd apply to do a TEFL course if i were you. They dont take too long to do and combined with a degree will make it quite easy to get a job pretty much anywhere in the world.

5. Big Spender

Wise Guy

ttttttttttaaaaaaaaaallllllllllkkkkkkkkkk

rrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaallllllllllyyyyyyyyyy

sssssssssslllllllllloooooooooowwwwwwwwwwllllllllllyyyyyyyyyy

Last edited: 11 May 2006