Advice on this build please

Soldato
It's been a long time since I posted here and an even longer time since I built my last PC, but the old one has expired so I need to build a new gaming PC on the cheap. I don't play much except CSS, COD4 and BF2. If anyone can give some advice on compatibility/suitability or suggest any improvements that can be made for a few quid extra I would appreciate it hugely! So far i'm thinking:

Processor
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ 2.50GHz (Socket AM2)

RAM
GeIL 2GB (2x1GB) PC2-6400C4 800MHz Ultra Low Latency DDR2 Dual Channel

GFX Card
Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI/HDMI

Case + PSU
Antec NSK 4480B Mini Tower Case (Black) - 380W Earth Watts PSU

DVD Drive
Samsung SH-S223F/BEBE 22x DVD±RW SATA Dual Layer ReWriter (Black)

Mobo
And this is where I come unstuck :o I'm not too concerned whether its got Crossfire as I won't be buying another gfx card any time in the future. Any suggestions from the stock that OCUK carry would be much appreciated, up to around £65 odd.

Anything else I need to consider? Hard Drive is sorted but its an older IDE one. Everything has changed so much since I last did this and i'm feeling very lost :o

Soldato
OP
Whats your price limit?

Probably better to get a cheap inter c2d as these over clock better.

Price limit was £300 but now its more like £350 to accomodate the better gfx card (was going to go for a 8800GT but read about the ATI 4850). I've got £289 roughly on everything so far so that leaves around £60 for the mobo.

Is it worth switching to Intel then? How much would I save? Also i definitely won't be overclocking anything so has to be good at stock. I've always been an AMD and nVidia fan boi. I've dropped nVidia because the 4850 seems so good for the price....not sure if i can bare to drop AMD too lol :p

Back
Top Bottom