advice tips with my future gaming build ty

Associate
I am in the process of building my self a pc. i would like advice tips on the build i have come up with for my pc build. purely for gaming thank you for your time and patience ps i am not looking to overclock

Case thermaltake core x71 (have purchased).
CPU: AMD 3900x.
GPU: NVIDIA 3080.
mobo: msi mag x570 tomahawk WiFi
CPU cooler: cooler either the kraken x73 water cooler or kraken x53 cooler. open to options
PSU: 750w corsair gold modular. not sure if i need more power
storage: m.2 x 2 1tb wd or Samsung and 1tb Samsung ssd as extra
RAM: corsair vengeance rgb 16gb 3600mhz

thank you for any advice

Soldato
purely for gaming
If it's purely for gaming could you wait for Zen 3 release in coming weeks? - rumoured ~15 IPC increase.

And would defiantly go WD for the M.2. as no discernible speed difference and significantly cheaper.

And would recommend Crucial Ballistix 3600MHz - tighter timing similar price.

Last edited:
Soldato
CPU cooler: cooler either the kraken x73 water cooler or kraken x53 cooler. open to options

storage: m.2 x 2 1tb wd or Samsung and 1tb Samsung ssd as extra
Usual size slim radiators don't beat best heatpipe coolers in continuous cooling per noise.
Their surface area simply isn't anything special.
In Tweaktown's testing (one of the rare sites with noise for certain cooling result comparison) NZXT's 3-serie even performance very medioce like being some old reputation riding products after 2-serie.
Anyway Arctic is really only one not peeing down throat of buyers with brand and fashion hype by offering actually beefy thicker radiators at reasonable prices in Freezer II serie.

Overall best description for Samsung drives is three words: Brand scam overpricing.
Basically all are more or less horribly overpriced for tech and type of product.
Even if you want the best performance they're nothing to write about with Samsung's performance lead times being like half dozen years behind.

For SATA drive WD Blue 3D is good choise.
For NVMe WD Blue SN550 is bang per buck choise.
Anyway there's no sense to fill limited slots with 1TB drives.
2TB Adata SX8200 Pro can be found for very good price and that's pretty much top performer for typical home use workloads.
(fuller drive writes and high queue depth/thread count loads are where it's won by Phison E12 based drives)

Back
Top Bottom