Associate
OP
Hello All
Again thanks for all your suggestions. In the end I opted for The Last of Us. So what did I think?

Firstly, I was pleased with the price I got it for of £15ish.

I started playing a couple of weeks ago and my initial impressions were, very good graphics considering the age of the game but I found the game play a little restricted, in so far that the environment was linear when compared to Death Stranding; for example, I couldn’t explore the “The Outskirts” or “Bill’s Town”. I could jump on one car and not another.

Gradually however I was drawn into the story and then started to relate to the characters. There can be no doubt that it is the story that makes this game, combined with very well constructed, not overly complicated, game play and graphics where they appear to have gone the extra mile. In summary excellent game and thoroughly enjoyed.

I am concerned however that perhaps the next game I choose will fail to live up to the standards set. Any suggestions for my next gaming experience?

Soldato
Hello All
Again thanks for all your suggestions. In the end I opted for The Last of Us. So what did I think?

Firstly, I was pleased with the price I got it for of £15ish.

I started playing a couple of weeks ago and my initial impressions were, very good graphics considering the age of the game but I found the game play a little restricted, in so far that the environment was linear when compared to Death Stranding; for example, I couldn’t explore the “The Outskirts” or “Bill’s Town”. I could jump on one car and not another.

Gradually however I was drawn into the story and then started to relate to the characters. There can be no doubt that it is the story that makes this game, combined with very well constructed, not overly complicated, game play and graphics where they appear to have gone the extra mile. In summary excellent game and thoroughly enjoyed.

I am concerned however that perhaps the next game I choose will fail to live up to the standards set. Any suggestions for my next gaming experience?

I think you would like Far Cry games. They are a big open world with a decent story and, if you are anything like me you will get hooked on getting all the skills and most of the collectables.

Others I can highly recommend are Just Cause 3 and 4. 3 is my favourite but 4 was enjoyable. Silly story, great action, big explosions and set pieces and a big sandbox to explore.

Also the newer Tomb Raider games are very good as well.

Soldato
I'd think that RDR2 is the obvious choice? Not my cup of tea personally as I'm not that into open world games, but if you do enjoy open world as you seem to then it's the pinnacle. Far Cry and Just Cause lack a decent storyline.

Associate
And your point is? The operators of Fortnite are not targetting him.

I am not disagreeing with what you are saying as yes I agree, the target market is not the older gamer. It is just seems a presumptuous comment making out that because of someones age, they won't enjoy something? and then to say their children won't because of their age :confused::confused: my brother in law is 23 and sits on Fortnite (with his dad) religiously.

Opposite end of the scale, I am sure Activision don't intend Call of Duty to be played by kids under the age of 10 but they are probably their biggest base of players and enjoy it?

Shawrey

Associate
God of war, great game. One of the only games I enjoyed enough to platinum. Only about £12 digital at the minute. All the Bioshock collection is on PS Plus at the minute to but they are slightly older remastered games. Another one for horizon zero dawn to, I thinks it's in the sale along with a lot of critics choice games.

Soldato
Uncharted is probably the best game series ever. Even above half life (maybe. Feel had saying that lol)

Yeah, but no. One and three and rubbish, the combat is trash throughout the series and all of them are far too linear imo.

--

OP, play the Bioshock trilogy as its included in this months PS+

Soldato
Yeah, but no. One and three and rubbish, the combat is trash throughout the series and all of them are far too linear imo.

--

For me linearity isn't a negative. When I was younger I used to like more open games but as I've got into my mid 30s I don't have the patience whenever I get lost or return to a game after a while and have no clue wtf is going on. I wanted to love The Witcher 3 but struggled to get into it whereas games like Uncharted and God of War get me hooked.

Back
Top Bottom