Advice Wanted

Associate
I have decided to take the plunge and build a PC. I last did this around 6 yrs ago so am a bit rusty. I use it a lot for software devlopment (my business) and apart from that just want to do a spot of video editing (I have recently bought a Topfield PVR from which I can download TV recordings for DVD burning) Also I am not particularly interested in overclocking unless I can be persuaded otherwise

It must as quiet as possible and stable and I want to base it around the MSI K8NGM2-FID micro ATX mobo which has had good reviews. My price range is around £450- £500 inc VAT not including the monitor, keyboard or mouse which I have

My questions are

What case should I go for. One of the Antecs (Sonata?) or maybe an Artic Cooling Silentium Should I go for the power supply as provided or somethng else

As it is a micro ATX how does this affect assembly

I am thinking of a AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice 90nm (Socket 939) for the processor so what is recommended to cool this

Will the onboard grahics be OK for video editing (I could add a card later if really needed)

Is 1 GB memory OK for video editing and what makes/spec are recommended

I believe the Seagate Barracuda's are a quiet HD but does this apply for all models I was thinking of either 1 x 320 GB (7200.10) or 2 x 160 GB (7200.9)

Any other considerations I have forgotten?

Many thanks for all replies in advance

Mike

Back
Top Bottom