1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice with eBay drama !

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darkst4r, 2 Apr 2017.

1. Darkst4r

Wise Guy

Ok, so basically I recently bid on an item and surprisingly won with a very low bid.

I sent a message to the seller letting him know that I was willing to bung him a bit more cash as a good will gesture providing the item arrived safetly and was as described.

On receipt of the item, I found some damage that wasn't included in the description, and also found that it needs servicing and calibrating, which is going to cost me time and money.

I let the seller know that unfortunately the extra money I offered to send him would now have to be spent on repairs and servicing.

He is now demanding more money and threatening solicitors unless I either return the item or give him an extra 50 quid (the item sold for £30).

He's obviously realised that the item was worth more and didn't want it to go for the final sale price.

I'm fairly sure that the sale and auction is a binding contract within eBay,I paid the invoice, he sent the item, done.

However I just wanted some advice on here to make sure I'm in the right and he doesn't have a leg to stand on in regards to solicitors etc

2. Ree

Wise Guy

tell him to do one, what a chancer.

3. Blackjack Davy

Mobster

Tell him to take a hike. The price it sold for is the price it sold for. No infact don't do that. Don't reply at all report all and any offensive posts direct to eBay. The price you paid is the price you paid. Any attempt to get more money out of you will be regarded as extortion and should be reported as such.

Either way don't get stressed out over it.

Last edited: 2 Apr 2017
  4. Darkst4r

Wise Guy

He already sent it, I've got it right now.

He's saying I owe him the money that I offered (as a goodwill gesture) and until I pay it the item isn't mine.

He either wants me to return the item to him, where he will refund me in full, or send him more money to keep it and avoid his solicitor.

I know it's all ********, but just wanted reassurance that he doesn't have a leg to stand on legally.

5. bloodiedathame

Sgarrista

Ignore him

6. Destination

Capodecina

Ignore him.

7. sniperone

Wise Guy

List the item yourself at a much higher price and tell him to buy it back if he wants it that bad

8. King85

Wise Guy

:D

9. Caged

Capodecina

Why did you offer more money in the first place?

10. Darkst4r

Wise Guy

I offered more money in the first place because it's apparently a family heirloom and I felt a bit bad for winning it at such a low price.
    I was willing to pay more for it if it was in good condition.

To be honest it was at least half a carrot on a stick move to make sure he followed through with the sale too.

11. Darkst4r

Wise Guy

Ruthless, I like it!

12. Andy Pandy

Wise Guy

You will be fine, sit back and relax :cool:

13. Vonhelmet

Caporegime

You shouldn't have offered the extra cash, but you're under no obligation to pay it, particularly as you said it was contingent on the item arriving in good nick etc.

14. Doogles

Mobster

Yeah it'll be fine it went though legitimately through eBay so nothing can be done on his part now :)

15. Avenged7Fold

Capodecina

If you return it, you risk looking like you returned the product after you had damaged it, as the damages were not originally listed

Ignore him.

16. Glanza

Capodecina

Ignore him and relist it with the damage actually described if he wants it back that bad he can bid on it.

17. Schizo

Capodecina

18. wnb

Mobster

Lol he's willing to spend 160+vat or more on a solicitor to get what 30 or quid more! I had one letter wrote by my solicitor and it cost me £250.

19. FortuitousFluke

Mobster

Ignore but also report to Ebay, apparently they use a black mark system so if he's been a tool before it can all add up. One less idiot for us Ebay folk to deal with.

20. rIcK

Wise Guy

What is the item?