Advice with eBay drama !

Soldato
Sending people poo through the post is a crime, do not do this.

incorrect. You can post a great big steaming horse turd and its not illegal, send a human one and the onus is with the receiver to prove it's human, good luck with that one, especially if it's a pretty loose one whereby the shape cannot be discerned as having come from a humans anus.

Caporegime
Why on earth offer to pay more for something you successfully bid for on an auction?

The seller probably sees you as some kind of muppet and is treating you accordingly.

Ignore him and next time just pay your bid.

Soldato
Why on earth offer to pay more for something you successfully bid for on an auction?

The seller probably sees you as some kind of muppet and is treating you accordingly.

Ignore him and next time just pay your bid.

Agreed!!

Why offer extra?? What a silly thing to do......

Would you go into a shop, buy something on sale, and offer to pay the original price?? No you wouldn't.

You've been silly offering to pay more, ignore him, block him and report to ebay.

Soldato
You won the item fair and square, he likely didn't add a reserve because it costs a bit more in fees to do so. His fault, ignore him and move on with your life.

Soldato
Yeah i would say that was silly too offering him more just because the bid was low.

Unfortunately that's the way the bidding process works.

I remember years ago my brother won the front and rear leather seats from a BMW, his bid of something like £1.97 was the winner. He went and picked it up, and the tight git gave him the exact change :D. The bloke even helped him carry it down 3 flights of stairs.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I personally like the idea of re-listing it at a higher price, listing the damage and adding "one previously owner, rather simple by all accounts".

Soldato

I've probably won 7-8 auctions where the price was considerably lower than I would have expected to pay - often because of crap photos, no description or some other stupid thing the seller has done in the auction. Coincidentally, each of these auctions have had to be cancelled because the seller has discovered a problem with the item when packing it for postage.
Never thought of offering more money after inspecting the item - might be worth a try next time.

Soldato
Well you stated he could have some more if the item arrived in good nick. The item didn't meet that statement so he cant have the money.

Good will or not that's the end of it

Associate
Your offer to pay more was not a binding contract. The sale of the item to you under the terms of the listing was a binding contract.
The seller has no recourse to do anything further in regard to this item (other than leave negative feedback which you can probably get rescinded). You have discharged all your obligations in this contract.

Back
Top Bottom