1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Ender, 26 May 2006.

  1. Ender

    Hitman

    Joined: 30 Jan 2006

    Posts: 570

    Hey there,

    Was wondering whether i should bother waiting for conore, or splash the cash on a pentium 805 and an water cooling kit and see how high i can get it? With a budget of about £800 for a gaming pc, will i be able to buy a decent conore rig?
     
  2. kmistry

    Wise Guy

    Joined: 10 Apr 2006

    Posts: 1,089

    Location: Leicester

    im not too sure about prices in terms of conroe, but me myself am upgrading soon (as you can see from my sig my computer is poor) and i think i am probably going to wait for conroe or if not get an AM2 (purely because its the new 'thing' )
     
  3. Stelly

    Don

    Joined: 5 Oct 2005

    Posts: 11,015

    Location: Liverpool

    I would say wait definately... even if you dont get a Conroe, I think that there will be a price drop in both Intel and AMD chips

    Stelly