advise on progression of ICE

Soldato
needmorespeed said:
a headunit wont be better an amp will but i would have the gains set as low as possible.

You dont have to have the volume turned to max for the rear passengers to hear it I dont use rear speakers in my mondeo and i only have the standard speakers and a pioneer head unit and you can still hear it perfectly fine in the back at normal volume

Well personally I'd set the gain at the correct level and simply use the fader on the head unit to control volume in the rear but that's just me. And I don't think the OP or indeed myself is claiming that the rear passengers can't hear the sound source but that if you want them to hear it at the same level then you need to have the front passengers listening to it at a level beyond their desire. At the end of the day it's a personal choice however as all audio is and for what rear speakers cost the OP is as well getting them and slinging them in and trying it out, if he don't like the sound he can turn em down or off. Again a 4 channel amp doesn't cost much more than a 2 channel one so the only advantage I see of running from the HU is less speaker cabling is required. But I have always found that the more amps you put in the higher the likelihood you will run into feedback issues through the cars ground.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
needmorespeed said:
The way i see is i'm the driver it's my car my audio equipment i paid for it all so i'm gonna make sound the best for me if you dont like it walk :D :p

O i see it that way, but I also see it in that, if i was in the back, and i couldnt hear the music all that loud when someone was trying to show off their ICE to me, i wouldnt be all that impressed... ;)

Soldato
i wouldnt be in the back if somebody was "trying to show of their ice to me".

Meaning I don't want to hear the whole soundstage thing, I was asking for advise on what component speakers and amp would be a progression for better sound quality and volume, more specifically I stated midbass..

soundstage IS sound quality. you cant have it all mate. if you want speakers in the rear then do so, and dont let anyone else tell you otherwise. However i would suggest you dont ask a group of experts for their opinions, because it is quite obvious that you dont like what you've been told:)

Back
Top Bottom