• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Aftermarket cooler for Palit Stormx gtx 1050 ti? Help please

Associate
Hi,

I just bought a new graphics card - palit stormx gtx 1050 ti 4gb. I have only one issue with this card is the fan noise! The stock fan cooler cannot be turned off or lowered below 30%. I have looked online and found that only certain brands let you turn it off. So basically I am stuck.
The only noise I can hear from my pc is this graphics card, before this my machine was completely silent.

I am trying to find an aftermarket cooler for this card but don't know if I should change it or not? I had a look at some coolers but it seems like the cooling wont work well as those coolers will just be blowing the heat off the card inside my machine which will make everything else get hot? Im wondering if there is any coolers that have the shroud design to blow the heat out the back like this card already does. Or if there is a fan that would replace and fit this shroud cover? Or if there is an adapter pin for the onboard fan cable where I can just connect it to the motherboard? I think that could be an ideal option.

I mean right now the graphics card is idling at around 30C but fan is still on

What would you guys suggest?

Thanks

Associate
As above, failing that the Kraken AIO kits from here are brilliant, but at £100ish it might be a little too much to spend on a budget card... still, it will be good for a future upgrade. I've stuck one on my Palit 1070ti dual for the exact same reason, it was too loud previously keeping the card at 75 degrees gaming with the fan at full speed. If I left it on auto it would go to 85 degrees and was still fairly loud! With the AIO it's now at 38 to 41 degrees in bench tests or gaming and it completely silent.

Soldato
Associate
Palit have a passive version of the 1050ti

http://www.palit.com/enews/event/worldwide/geforce_gtx1050ti_kalmx/index_en.php

It’s going to take up more space but probably less than an aftermarket cooler will, if you can find one to fit. If space isn’t an issue I’d be tempted to exchange the one you have, then later ghetto rig a decent 120mm fan on it if you’re worried about temps.
bet ghettoing on a fan to a passive card would actually have huge cooling potential!!

Soldato
Might be something wrong with the fan's bearings or something. All stickers (if any) removed, I imagine?

As above, return it within 30 days for full refund.

Soldato
bet ghettoing on a fan to a passive card would actually have huge cooling potential!!

I had the kalmx 750ti and I rigged on a 120mm fan set it to the lowest setting and it was rock solid at 56c regardless of load.

I have also just ordered the 1050ti kalmx as downgrading my 1080 but I doubt I’ll bother as I won’t be running any challenging games.

Back
Top Bottom