Age difference in a relationship

Soldato
7 years is fine. I'm seeing someone 6 years younger than me and everything is peachy. The age thing isn't even an issue, however it helps that I have no intention of settling down just yet. As long as your both in the same kind of place with regards to what you're wanting out of life at the minute then it's all good :)

Permabanned
Generally speaking it is less of an issue if the man is older, particularly if there are to be kids. There is no reason why your situation *should* be a problem.
You might find that her friends and their boyfriends / husbands are all older than you and thay you feel as though you don't fit in too well.
I don't think it is ideal but life rarely is, so good luck and I hope it all goes well for you.

Associate
MeatLoaf said:
Well i turned 30 this year and my wife turned 21 also this year.

Weve had our ups and downs but it can work.

Weve got 2 kids, age 4 and 3, and our 3rd is due any day now

So when you were 26/25 you were banging a 17/16 year old? Sounds very very wrong to me mate

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
Only problem I can see is that with such a gap you will both be at different stages in life - generally, people of different ages want different things. This becomes less and less of an issue as you grow older - ie, somebody of 42 is often very similar to somebody of 49 but somebody of 20 can be quite different to somebody of 27.

You know, you might want to go out on the town, she might want to flick through a catalouge of curtain samples..

Whilst age is sometimes not a problem, I do think it is somewhat shortsighted and idealistic to state point blank that it simply 'doesn't matter'. Although its entirely possible it can work, it is more likely to have issues than a very small age gap. As an example (And NOT in a relationship sense but merely to illustrate my point of how people of different ages can be different) can you remember how different you were at 14 to how you were at 7?

This is one of those rare occasions where I agree with most of what you said. Only thing I will add to that is it depends on the maturity of the two people involved. If the younger one is more mature than normal people of that age and the older one is less mature than they should be then they could be a perfect match. Only one way to find out is to spends some time together and have fun.

Soldato
Locrian said:
Its wrong :confused: Blissfully happy or not, the age difference alone gives you complete manipulative control over the relationship.
I find it rather odd that you can come to that conclusion based purely upon the age of two people.

Soldato
Locrian said:
Its wrong :confused: Blissfully happy or not, the age difference alone gives you complete manipulative control over the relationship.
Absolute crap. How dare you suggest I "controlled" and "manipulated" mrs fatiain. Don't young adults have minds of their own or free will. You idiot. :mad:

Associate
Im 20 just come out of a 2 years relationship and tbh i really want an older woman, someone who is mature and not all confused and unsure about what she wants out of life,

had the potential to pull a 30 year old a month or 2 back in cardiff, she wanted me but my 26 year old mate (you know who you are) left the place and i was so hammered i just walked out of the building and left her :( gutted now

TBHIMOLOLBBWTUP!

Zip

Zip

Soldato
fatiain said:
Absolute crap. How dare you suggest I "controlled" and "manipulated" mrs fatiain. Don't young adults have minds of their own or free will. You idiot. :mad:

Yeah, i bet she was/is controlling you most the time :p

Associate
Tesla said:
I find it rather odd that you can come to that conclusion based purely upon the age of two people.

Why is it odd? Is it not reasonable to assume that a younger girl will be more easily impressioned by an older guy? Its not hard to make girls fall in love with you which i believe is a little life lesson, so by the difference in age you alter the course of the youngers life. I am not saying 21 30 isnt ok, im saying 17/26 is wrong, regardless of the outcome.

Associate
fatiain said:

You are allowed you opinion, i am allowed mine; that is how life works. I never insinuated you did anything. You decided to bring personal insults into it...

Back
Top Bottom