Age difference in a relationship

Soldato
I dont think i would go any further than 10 years either way.

You just dont have anything in common as far as im concerend, my wife is 38 and i am 29, to be honest, its begining to grate a bit now.

Soldato
No problem with that but I'm sick of hearing "I'm 25 and she's 16/17"

There's legaly nothing wrong with it, but it's just incredibly sad that the 25 year old can't meet a girl his own age. If I had a daughter who was 17 and going out with someone 8 years older than her, I'd think he was utterly pathetic, whether or not she was happy with the relationship.

Last edited:
Associate
Were they married then?

I do not understand where this shift of tone has come from. This is not a new thread topic, i have seen it countless times and ive been here for over three years. IIRC previously the sentiment would always be the same; along the lines of 'Id be a bit worried why he cant get a girl around his own age mate'. Suddenly, just because a few members with high PCs are in this predicament we cant speak our minds?

Man of Honour
Does it matter if they were married then? Its the same people in the same relationship.

In fact, if they weren't married then (pretty sure he said girlfriend not wife) then it makes it better than not being married surely.

You judged their relationship without knowing either party well enough. Thats why you got a backlash. The worrying thing is I don't think you can even see how what you said was wrong.

Caporegime
Gilly said:
Which guy? Locrian seemed to me to either be trolling or to be too immature to have the opinions he was describing...

Yes Locrian, i dont think hes trolling tbh if he is then hes doing a pretty crap job of it:p. As for being immature to have opinions he was describing??, well the way i see it is that he has his opinion and if thats the way he feels then why cant people accept that it is his opinion and his alone.
Seems to me Fatiain has taken it the wrong way then really looking back he could have just said thats your opinion etc, no need to get so offended or uppity about it. If i put myself in his shoes then someone calling my marriage wrong wouldnt faze me in the slightest, but then i guess im too laidback to pay any attention to what people say on here...i mean its only a forum isnt it??. I think people here take things a tad too seriously on here. Its different if its a close friend or family that are saying your marriage is wrong...obviously this is all my opinion and i know a lot of people here wont or wouldnt agree with it but thats also cool with me.

Soldato
Tommy B said:
No problem with that but I'm sick of hearing "I'm 25 and she's 16/17"

There's legaly nothing wrong with it, but it's just incredibly sad that the 25 year old can't meet a girl his own age. If I had a daughter who was 17 and going out with someone 8 years older than her, I'd think he was utterly pathetic, whether or not she was happy with the relationship.

Thats a little closed minded :)

There are lots of mature younger girls...there are lots of immature older girls..It depends entirely on the individuals.

Man of Honour
Spawn said:
Yes Locrian, i dont think hes trolling tbh if he is then hes doing a pretty crap job of it:p. As for being immature to have opinions he was describing??, well the way i see it is that he has his opinion and if thats the way he feels then why cant people accept that it is his opinion and his alone.
As I said, he judged people. I also said he's free to his opinion and thats fine.

If my opinion was that you were a fat, loudmouthed pseudo-yank (though I've never met you, so it can't be) would it be OK to tell the world? Would it be fine for me to say it in threads in GD? Would it be OK to say the same about your girlfriend?

These would be opinions of mine, but they're completely unfounded. So they're stupid.

They rank next to Locrian's opinion.

Soldato
Balddog said:

There are lots of mature younger girls...there are lots of immature older girls..It depends entirely on the individuals.

Yes I know, but the difference is 8 years. Maturity does not account for wisdom and experience over that time period. I know plenty of "mature" girls who would think going out with a much older guy is awesome. Most of the time, that bloke is just after an easy, hassle-free shag. Sorry to be crude!

Caporegime
Balddog said:

Hehe indeed, my 25 yr old gf acts like a spoilt brat at times:p but still loveable all the same.
Ive chatted to a few 20 yr old girls who are for more mature for their ages, so its horses for courses. Would i date them??, no because they arent hawt enough:p...but seriously i dont think i would...my lower age limit on any lass is 25

Soldato
Tommy B said:
Yes I know, but the difference is 8 years. Maturity does not account for wisdom and experience over that time period. I know plenty of "mature" girls who would think going out with a much older guy is awesome. Most of the time, that bloke is just after an easy, hassle-free shag. Sorry to be crude!

Whats wrong with that? Its very doubtful those girls are after marriage at that age..

Soldato
Spawn said:
Hehe indeed, my 25 yr old gf acts like a spoilt brat at times:p but still loveable all the same.
Ive chatted to a few 20 yr old girls who are for more mature for their ages, so its horses for courses. Would i date them??, no because they arent hawt enough:p...but seriously i dont think i would...my lower age limit on any lass is 25

Serious dating my limit is 23...but for fun? No limit.

Soldato
Balddog said:
Whats wrong with that? Its very doubtful those girls are after marriage at that age..

Because it's exploitation. Unless she states quite clearly that she's going out with you purely to have a good bonk. They think it's cool to go out with an older bloke, then they find themselves in uncomfortable positions. It happens all the time.

I haz 4090!
Don
It's pushing it, so be careful. The problem with seeing someone that age is their independence and how stubborn women get in their late twenties. It can cause problems.

I'm just waiting for your reaction when you get dragged out of bed at 9am after a heavy night out to go and look at shower cutains and laminate flooring. :)

Back
Top Bottom