Age difference in a relationship

Soldato
Tommy B said:
Because it's exploitation. Unless she states quite clearly that she's going out with you purely to have a good bonk. They think it's cool to go out with an older bloke, then they find themselves in uncomfortable positions. It happens all the time.

i didnt say just for a good bonk...theres a huge range in between a good bonk and a soulmate relationship..

can i ask how old you are?

Associate
I havent read all the post replyed so if I am repeating I'm sorry.

I am 18 and my fiance is 26, we have been together a year and I am expecting in December, I see no problem in an age gap and there is 7 years between me and him. We have no problems in the maturity side, I left school at 16 and I think I am quite mature for my age, and he is still very young!! well he trys to be!!

We are happier than ever, and plan on spending the rest of our lives together, obvioulsy nothing is ever certain but we are completly and utterly in love so in my opinion all I say is good luck

There is nothing wrong or sick about what your doing and i wish you all the best.

Jen x

Last edited:
Permabanned
Jenie said:
I havent read all the post replyed so if I am repeating I'm sorry.

I am 18 and my finance is 26, we have been together a year and I am expecting in December, I see no problem in an age gap and there is 7 years between me and him. We have no problems in the maturity side, I left school at 16 and I think I am quite mature for my age, and he is still very young!! well he trys to be!!

We are happier than ever, and plan on spending the rest of our lives together, obvioulsy nothing is ever certain but we are completly and utterly in love so in my opinion all I say is good luck

There is nothing wrong or sick about what your doing and i wish you all the best.

Jen x
Perhaps it's time to refinance?

ho ho.

Soldato
Tommy B said:
Yes, and you won't find the latter in a 17 year old.

I think Mr Fatiain may beg to differ.....

as I've said many times before, I am 6 years and 6 days older than Mr Caboodle. Never been an issue to us although when I've discussed it on these here forums, peole have suggested in the past that maybe I have 'issues' by going out with a younger man. :rolleyes:

Fact is I couldn't give a crap if he was 25 or 50, I love him, not how old he is. I'm not trying to get him down the aisle and I don't want kids for a good few years yet - if ever. So people shouldn't assume that all 'older' women want to do that either - or spend their time forcing him to IKEA to buy household goods while he's pawing at the door to get to the pub. I'm more likely to be forcing him to the pub while he worries about the guttering :D

The benefits ( ;) ) of older women/younger man can be fantastic for both sides, but it depends on the individuals. Some of my best friends are desperate to get up the aisle and have kids and in that case it wouldn't work. All I can say is that for me, this combination has worked far better than any other, but I have no hesitation in saying it's got sod all to do with our ages and more to do with our personalities and the people we are :)

So - to summarise - Go for it! :D

Soldato
Ive been mulling this question over in my head, and although i for some reason have been forced to think its wrong im not to sure it is.

Im 24, girl in question is 17.5.
I cant work out if thats wrong, because i remember how i was in college, and how the girls where, they were fairly adult, and knew what they wanted.
As of yet havent decided.

Soldato
Tommy B said:
Yes, and you won't find the latter in a 17 year old.

Yes exactly, thats my point....and they arent looking for that...Very few 17 year olds are looking for a lifelong relationship....so how, if both parties arent looking for the most serious of relationships, can it be exploitation?

I think youre seriously underestimating 17 year olds these days...Theyre not stupid kids who will get so easily taken advantage of...people grow up fast these days...for better or worse..

Man of Honour
Jenie said:
I think I am quite mature for my age

See, this is the problem. Everyone thinks that. In 10 years time, you'll look back and think 'Maybe I wasn't'. I know I have! I thought I was Mr Super Mature at 17. How wrong I was :p

Soldato
Picking out curtain samples, shower cutains and laminate flooring in the morning?? I think you will find they are called interior decorators not 27+ women :p ;) There will be more danger of me getting up early in the morning to play WoW than anything even remotely like that!

As long as you have the same sort of things in common and are in the same sort of place/want the same thing the age gap won't matter. I have been in relationships where the age gap was 8 years and age was never a problem.

The strange thing is I have known guys leave their older girlfriend. They feared she was getting to the time on her life where she wanted to settle down and have kids (which hadn't even occurred to the girlfriend). Only to get together with a younger girl that did!

Back
Top Bottom