Age difference in a relationship

Soldato
Age difference alone shouldn't make any difference at all, it's personality differences that muck everything up. If you work, you work. Age won't necessarily affect that. Of course age difference can mean personality difference too.

Soldato
Tommy B said:
... but it's just incredibly sad that the 25 year old can't meet a girl his own age. If I had a daughter who was 17 and going out with someone 8 years older than her, I'd think he was utterly pathetic, whether or not she was happy with the relationship.

Gotta agree. If i had a daughter aged 17 and she told me she was dating someone 26/27, i would not be happy. Is this guy not capable of getting an older woman, closer to his own age?

On a personal note, i think it would be wrong for me to be with someone more than 2 yrs older/younger than me. (This applies to me and i'm not having a go at anyone in here). I would like to know that when we were both younger, we grew up listening to the same music groups/acts, watching the same movies, etc. Also, im 31, so by going out with someone of similar age, i will know that they have had time to "achieve" certain things in life. By that age i would expect her to be in a relatively good job and be a complete person. If i date someone age 21, they simply would not have had a chance to achieve much and would probably just be completing their education.

When there is a big age gap, extra differences exist. Thats how i see it. And i can see where Locrian is coming from. Its a shame that people in here cant respect other people's opinion.

Associate
sunama said:
Its a shame that people in here cant respect other people's opinion.

I respected his opinion - I didn't respect the insulting tone he used to put them across, but he has apologised for that so why bring the matter up again?

I had a thought the other day - everyone seems to be saying that they would be wanting to know why the older person couldn't "get" someone closer to their age, but what about the younger person? Is it possible that its more likely that there is something "wrong" with me because I couldn't "get" someone closer to my age?

Soldato
Takhisis said:
I respected his opinion - I didn't respect the insulting tone he used to put them across, but he has apologised for that so why bring the matter up again?

I had a thought the other day - everyone seems to be saying that they would be wanting to know why the older person couldn't "get" someone closer to their age, but what about the younger person? Is it possible that its more likely that there is something "wrong" with me because I couldn't "get" someone closer to my age?

I had exactly the same thought as me and mrs fatiain were talking about this thread. At the end of the day, age is just how many years you've been around. Which if you think about it is pretty irrelevant.

Soldato
sunama said:
Is this guy not capable of getting an older woman, closer to his own age?

Its a shame that people in here cant respect other people's opinion.

The irony :o

As for the rest of your post...Whats wrong with difference? Maybe its just me, but dating someone with exactly the same interests as me would be boring for me..

Associate
fatiain said:
I had exactly the same thought as me and mrs fatiain were talking about this thread. At the end of the day, age is just how many years you've been around. Which if you think about it is pretty irrelevant.

We should all go out some time - you and Jhadur could talk about old-fart stuff and me and Mrs Fatian could talk about...erm...err...carpet samples or something :p ;)

Back
Top Bottom