1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Age of Empires II Help

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Puppetmaster, 21 Jan 2006.

1. Puppetmaster

Soldato

Me and a clan mate are trying to play age of empires 2: the age of kings online but not having any success

weve tried using the microsoft zone thing, we can host a game, join the game room but when it comes to loading and joining actually in game, it always says that it cant connect after a few mins. we are both using routers i believe, im using speed touch 530 usb, now i opened these ports (23978 + 47624) on both udp and tcp. Im not 100% sure whether they are open but they should be, used the NAPT program has worked for most things.

Anyone able to offer any advice, we also tried connecting directly via ip in game but didnt find any games.

Is there anyway to check to see if the ports are open?

2. uknorthboy

Gangster

Just a shot in the dark here, but how about asking their tech support? They would have experts I assume to help you.

good luck

3. Puppetmaster

Soldato

well i looked on the ms site, i got some stuff but it wasnt any help or even related, and i dont particularly wanna email them cos im sure any tech help from them costs :(

4. uknorthboy

Gangster

Well i dont no but i would be suprised if an email request for tech help cost you a penny (apart from the cost of the isp you are with ).
    Maybe there is a forum dedicated to AOE 2? There must be a community out there that are dedicated to AOE 2.
    just a thought. Google to see :)

5. dannyjo22

Caporegime

On MSN zone support there is a help section on setting up the router to play behind a router. Ive configured mine myself but it was a while ago. I got the support from the zone help.