Ahhh, My Dog's Dying!

Soldato
OP
Ok, she's just come back and despite the "strong painkillers" she's a little bit worse.

It was my sisters fault with all her "Is there NOTHING we can do?" ******** that she kept coming out with and so they never put her down. Jesus christ, the dogs in absolute agony.

My mum's taking her back in the morning and I'm going to go with her to make sure the job is done properly this time. I'm sick of her living in pain like this. It's horrible!

Soldato
OvertoneBliss said:
Ok, she's just come back and despite the "strong painkillers" she's a little bit worse.

It was my sisters fault with all her "Is there NOTHING we can do?" ******** that she kept coming out with and so they never put her down. Jesus christ, the dogs in absolute agony.

My mum's taking her back in the morning and I'm going to go with her to make sure the job is done properly this time. I'm sick of her living in pain like this. It's horrible!

It's awful to say but they're supposed to be able to deal with emotionally distressed people. If they were doing their job properly, she'd be out of pain now. Make sure her night is as comfortable as you can, and be there for her - she'll know what you're doing and she'll be grateful for it. Good luck, K_C xx

Soldato
OP
I wish we were given morphine pills, as I'd just give the dog all of them if we had them and do the job my bloody self. I know pain killers aren't good, as they're a horrible way to die.

I just went down to see her and she is constantly panting, looking at a bloody wall and doesn't react when her name is called. Her heart is going like crazy and she'll probably end up dying here tonight if it doesn't calm down. Which it won't, 'cause the pain killers are clearly having no affect on her whatsoever.

So now she will suffer more and have a heart-attack as her heart was recorded at 220BPM at the vets and when I touched her chest, it was really really fast. Shar pei's already have a problem with oxygen in-take (natural; that's why their tongues are blue) and so she'll black out soon or have a heart attack.

Never been so angry.

Oh, and thanks K_C :)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OvertoneBliss said:
I wish we were given morphine pills, as I'd just give the dog all of them if we had them and do the job my bloody self. I know pain killers aren't good, as they're a horrible way to die.

I just went down to see her and she is constantly panting, looking at a bloody wall and doesn't react when her name is called. Her heart is going like crazy and she'll probably end up dying here tonight if it doesn't calm down. Which it won't, 'cause the pain killers are clearly having no affect on her whatsoever.

So now she will suffer more and have a heart-attack as her heart was recorded at 220BPM at the vets and when I touched her chest, it was really really fast. Shar pei's already have a problem with oxygen in-take (natural; that's why their tongues are blue) and so she'll black out soon or have a heart attack.

Never been so angry.

Oh, and thanks K_C :)

This is the first post on these forums to make me cry.

I sincerely hope your poor buddy passes quietly soon without too much pain :(

Stan :)

Associate
Sorry to hear that mate, sounds terrible :(. Just try to keep her company for her last hours and afterwards remember what she was like before all this :(. I know what you're going through, our old dog had cancer and had to be put down :(.

Associate
Bigstan said:
This is the first post on these forums to make me cry.

I sincerely hope your poor buddy passes quietly soon without too much pain :(

Stan :)
Yup and me. Really, really sorry to hear that dude! :( :(

P.S- Violent-J and ballistic- this isn't the time or the place to talk about things like that or be sarcastic. Please be a little more thoughtful.

Soldato
So sorry dude, I'm really feeling for you at the moment. Haven't got any good advice for you I'm afraid. Your sis was just feeling sad and desperate and it's not her fault the vet wouldn't do the right thing.

Pets help us learn about life, and also death, and how to deal with both of these things. Sounds like you had some great times with her so try to focus on that.

Best wishes.

Soldato
Sleep well Lucky, may your transition be painless.
hope that things go ok tomorrow dude, I realy feel for you, dunno how I'd cope if this happened to my dog, I hope I'd show the strenth you have tonight.

Soldato
I am so sorry for you and your family. This post brought a tear to my eye and im a 35 yr old man, not that that should mean anything. Im going to bed as this has done me for the day now.

I am really sorry, cant imagine your loss. I too have a dog and wouldnt even like to imagine how it would be if i was in your situation.

May she now find peace. Remember her as I'm sure you shall.

....Keith

Soldato
Sorry to hear that mate. So far i've lost 2 of my dogs to cancer and it's almost put me off having another. I still sometimes cry over my last dog who was only 2 when he died. Getting her put to sleep now was the kindest thing you could have done.

RIP

Associate
Sorry to hear about your dog, i hope it gets sorted out tomorrow so she does'nt have to suffer much more.

This post really touched me and brought tears to my eyes, sniffle :(

It brings back memories when my dog got knocked down by a bus right in fornt of me when I was 7 years old

/wipes nose

Back
Top Bottom