AIO pump failing?

Associate
Hiya, sorry if this is a nooby question but it's doing my head in. I've got a bequiet silent loop AIO cooler front mounted with the tubes on the bottom, and with the pump mounted on the CPU so that the logo is right side up. I bought and installed it around 20 months ago.

It's been running fine, with idle temps of mid 30s, up until a month or two ago, where my idle temperatures would shoot up to 90s or 100s and then my computer would shut down. I had a day where it would consistently do this when I turned my computer on, so i unscrewed the radiator and was able to get the temperatures back down by vigourously shaking it while my computer booted, then resting it on top of my case in what's essentially a top mounted configuration. If i try to move it back to a front mounted configuration, the temps will sometimes start spiking again, although not always immediately.

Unfortunately, i don't have space inside the case to top mount the radiator.

Is my pump failing? It seems like fluid isn't being pushed through the radiator when the temps are spiking. One tube gets really hot while the other one remains cool.

I've never topped up the fluid, as the manual says to do so after two years. Would this fix my issue?

Should i just RMA it?

Last edited:
Associate
Is there space in there to mount the radiator tubes down? That was what Gamers Nexus suggested was best for front-mounted AIOs, I believe, as long as the top of the rad is then higher than the pump.

Associate
OP
Is there space in there to mount the radiator tubes down? That was what Gamers Nexus suggested was best for front-mounted AIOs, I believe, as long as the top of the rad is then higher than the pump.
Sorry, I dont know what I was thinking yesterday, I had it front mounted with the tubes on the bottom. I've edited my original post to reflect this.

Back
Top Bottom