1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Air flow help please!

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Rain Man, 31 May 2006.

1. Rain Man

Hitman

ive got a lian li pc v1000 which has reasonably good cooling.

But i was wondering which way to have the fan on the front. Its a 120mm blowing on the HDD's with holes along the bottom of the case. I was wondering would i see a benefit of having it exhausting instead. Bringing cool air through the holes and blowing it out the front?

ie.

[​IMG]

OR

[​IMG]

Cheers

2. Conman

Gangster

It is quite the same configuration as My P180 where there are two fans at the back. There are some test in silentpcreview show that any config should given out same result.

However, i think you should experiment it yourself and see how it goes. it does not seem so much trouble.

second thought.... the first one seems better, all the intake fans are up front where is the lower one, the warm air from the pc may cirulate back to system and create a loop of hot air....

Last edited: 31 May 2006
  3. Rain Man

Hitman

thats the problem with the pc v1000 though, Both fans are intakes and theers no exhaust

Im just about to cut two exhaust holes in the top of the case and do a bit of a mod to my x1900xt cooler

Im going to post my findings a bit later on