Airplay annoyance

Soldato
Hi

I have an annoying issue that seems to be new, perhaps a recent update has changed something.

I have a HomePod mini in kitchen and when I say "Hey Siri" play radio station.... it plays it from tuneIn.

Ok all good, but the annoying issue is on my iPad it keeps switching airplay to the HomePod mini in the kitchen so I can't play or listen to something separately upstairs on my iPad without it messing up the radio in the kitchen, I have no idea why its suddenly doing this as I could play separate things without airplay having some mind of its own before.

Any help much appreciated.

Soldato
OP
What app do you use for radio? Look for it in your settings and then you can change the default radio app to the one you want

Just TuneIn or whatever its called, but that's not the issue, the issue was when playing radio on HomePod mini it kept overriding what my iPad was playing through the iPad speakers (iPad switching airplay to HomePod mini as well).
The iPad would not play the radio station as well but the now playing screen would switch to the HomePod mini now playing.

Sorry if that sounds confusing, lol.

Soldato
OP
It looks like you need TuneIn pro to play music on two separate devices, similar to spotify and apple music

Its not that I want to play on two devices, I can normally play radio from tuneIn and something from apple music on another device at same time, its just that airplay keeps defaulting on my iPad from the HomePod playing radio, so then if I attempt to switch airplay back to iPad the radio turns off on the HomePod, its weird, never done it before, its quite tricky to explain.
I try a few things later see if it still does it.

Back
Top Bottom