Akasa external IDE won't recognise help?!

Associate
hiya guys, ok problem for ya and one i really need some help on.

Right i have the Akasa integral usb 2.0 external hardrive unit (integral) I formatted an ide that was fitted to my comp and copied all my files that i wanted backed up to this drive whilst it was stilla ttached and in my comp. I then rebuilt my machine thinking that i could then copy back all my stuff from the external drive back to my compo after. Sounds simple, but now my comp will not recognise the external drive so all my files are on the hardrive and i cannot get to them !!

I have the Asus A8V dlx with just 2x SATA's as my dives, i have updated from window and running service pk2. Any ideas why it will not see it? what jumper setting do ya think? SOmetimes it does come up with usb mass storage device found then says that it has not installed properly and may not work.........

Please help as i need my files back !!!!!

Cheers in advance peeps !

Associate
Hey I've had a similar problem with an IcyBox (IDE). For its not seeing it have you done the Computer Management > Enable / initialise thing? I messed up on that one!

Otherwise I have to say I had mine show up as a USB device and then go to 'Device Cannot Start' in device manager. The only solution was to RMA, the peeps at OCUK agreed the IcyBox was bee-oogered.

Hope that helps you in someway! :p Daniel

Associate
OP
cheers for that, if i don't get any luck then i guess that it will have to be that then :(

Wanna get my stuff off before that though, might see if i can connect it normally just to transfer my files.

Back
Top Bottom