1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Akaso evo 33 experience?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by jimmy_lazers, 15 Jun 2006.

1. jimmy_lazers

Gangster

I've got an evo 33 heatsink along with all my other bits today and there seems to be a problem with the heatsink mounting. Its socket 939 and one of the two screws on the bottom of the heatsink is thredless -is that normal?

It seems very unstable and I dare not risk fitting it with my brand new 3700 under it, especially if I were to tilt the motherboard.

I've the forum search and there is no mention of this issue. Me Mobo is a Gigabyte k8N sli.

Many thanks
    Mr Lazers

2. Mikey1280

Wise Guy

Mine was fine although one screw didnt go as far as the other. Have you tried just screwing it in to the supplied mounting bracket?

3. jimmy_lazers

Gangster

Yes Iv'e followed the instrunctions. The problem is that on of the screws is unthreaded and rattles around in the mounting base hole. I guessing its not supposed to be like that :(

4. jimmy_lazers

Gangster

yeah I tried screwing into the bracket on its own and its just a wobbly mess- I got it from the B stock section it says maybe missing accessories or instructions this is just taking the LANGUAGE! :mad: