Alarm system?

Associate
Anyone with a Texecom system, what did it cost to get installed, if you don’t mind me asking?

Just had a quote for a Texecom Ricochet Mesh system with 3x door contacts, 4x PIR, Hybrid Panel, keypad and siren for £714 inc VAT. The Smartcom panel for app control is another £125.

Just seems quite expensive, though I’ve never had to have an alarm fitted before, which is why I ask.

Caporegime
£400-ish.

I looked at a fairly small system for a 5 bed house and it was £550 for the basics tbh to make it secure. A lot of the cheaper options were out of stock. Like i had to get the kit with the motion cams rather than PIR sensor and then add additional sensors individually.

Associate
I use a Texecom Premier Elite. Notify on trigger etc. Very impressed with it to be fair.

Just had one of these fitted myself - the app is very good, like the recipes section (odd name lol), but I've got a few set up to notify me if certain sensors activate (i.e. if somebody knocks on the window my phone will ping to say a shock sensor has been activated), so hopefully might give some additional early warning before somebody gets in.

Associate
Anyone with a Texecom system, what did it cost to get installed, if you don’t mind me asking?

Just had a quote for a Texecom Ricochet Mesh system with 3x door contacts, 4x PIR, Hybrid Panel, keypad and siren for £714 inc VAT. The Smartcom panel for app control is another £125.

Just seems quite expensive, though I’ve never had to have an alarm fitted before, which is why I ask.

Probably not comparable but I had a mate fit for me so, £650 for Texacom Premier Elite, Separate Keypad, Bellbox, WiFi Box, 5 Shock Sensors, 1 door contact, 4 wireless PIRs.

Soldato
I looked at a fairly small system for a 5 bed house and it was £550 for the basics tbh to make it secure. A lot of the cheaper options were out of stock. Like i had to get the kit with the motion cams rather than PIR sensor and then add additional sensors individually.

Is that £400+VAT? I always quote +VAT, because that’s how I cost everything up.

Associate
Ordered an Ajax kit and I will attempt to install it myself. I've watched a few YouTube videos and the process seems pretty straight forward.
But if anyone has installed one of these system before (or any security kit) can give any pro-tips or things you wish you knew, it would be much appreciated :)

Associate
Texecom premiere elite here, all wired with relay to a master blaster Klaxxon siren.
Very reliable
£800 installed (3 door sensors, 7 PIRs, 2 keypads, 3 sirens)

Soldato
Ordered an Ajax kit and I will attempt to install it myself. I've watched a few YouTube videos and the process seems pretty straight forward.
But if anyone has installed one of these system before (or any security kit) can give any pro-tips or things you wish you knew, it would be much appreciated :)

Keep the boxes. Much easier to scan the barcodes from the boxes than inside the covers in the units themselves.

Associate

Kit arrived and installed. Installation was very intuitive and easy. I think having some prior experience with a domestic alarm system does help a bit as I've ending setting mine up so it works similar to my parent's system that is donkeys old. I only have the outside siren to install but I will wait for better weather.

Notifications on my phone are very quick and precise. I know almost immediately which sensor has been triggered, and who has armed/disarmed the alarm. I am very impressed so far. Thanks to the people on this forum for the recommendation :D

Associate
Did you buy online, or have to go via an installer? My mum's property was broken into Saturday night and I want to get her an alarm. She's on her own and it'll offer us all some piece of mind and hopefully a deterrent to returning scrotes.

Back
Top Bottom