1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Album Info

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by Fr0dders, 21 Jul 2006.

1. Fr0dders

Caporegime

im trying to rip an album i have

but media player keeps insisting the Ministry of Sound Annual IV i have is something else

and the correct Annual IV ('98) isnt on there

any other album info services available ?

2. Fr0dders

Caporegime

gah just entered it all manually

and now media player just overwrote it all

aaahhhhhh

damnit to hell !

3. Retorted

Hitman

I use Mp3tag now and again. Just load in all your ripped mp3s of the same album and it should come back with the right ID3 tags.

4. Mikeyboy

Mobster

I never used to have a problem with WMP getting the correct album info. Then all of a sudden it just started giving me ****.

Wrong album names, tracks in the wrong order, album didn't even exist. Gave up in the end, and just used Tag&Rename and did it all manually.

Shame though, used to be good.

5. Grrrrr

Soldato

My recommendation goes to ID3-TagIt http://www.id3-tagit.de/english/index.htm

Fairly easy to use, loads of features and completely free, none of this trial period rubbish :)

EDIT\\ forgot to mention this is just for tagging the files, without a doubt EAC is your best bet for ripping as said below

Last edited: 21 Jul 2006
  6. Augmented

Soldato

EAC is a superior ripping program and can automatically tag files from FreeDB information.

For just tag and collection management, The GodFather is also an excellent application, supporting many file and tag formats.

I believe there's an option in WMP to stop it retrieving/overwriting album information - something like 'Automatically retrieve information for files in my media library'. Turn it off ;).