where i move to and not support the team i have always supported? :eek:

And fyi i put plenty of money into Wolves because i go and see them regulary

So i repeat i have ****ed all over your argument once again

So grow up and leave the thread

Soldato
sandy10 said:
Yep Fozzy, you are a muppet.

:p

You should have crawled out of this thread with your tail between your legs by now. You're embarassing yourself with you unfounded statements about Manchester United.

Why do you dislike us so much? Our city gave you David Platt after all. :p

Associate
Yes David Platt, 200k of pure brilliance.

One of the best midfielders of the past 20 years.

Released by Ferguson?.......

not disimilar to the fantastic Paul McGrath, in that respect...

Soldato
Marvt, get your point about Smith if you want to be anal :D , but to be honest, I'm at a loss with who we can play there. I may as well have left it blank. Fletcher is slower than Keane was during his cruciate recovery and has no tactical awareness unless you count passing back to the defender. Richardson is a bit of a lightweight. Who else do we really have to fill the roll of a holding midfielder? Rio lol????

Associate
Gimp, you were questioning the amount of times i've watched the Villa as if it had a consequence of how much I support them. Hence that comment.

So no pi$$ing on my chips, at all, salt and vinegar only, please.

Soldato
sandy10 said:
Yes David Platt, 200k of pure brilliance.

One of the best midfielders of the past 20 years.

Released by Ferguson?.......

So why the hatred of us? You should be grateful.

Permabanned
Indeed i did

You were the one that started bringing location into it i was pointing
out your not one to judge really are you?

Associate
I don't hate Man Utd any more, their arrogance has crept away along with their ability to win silverware....my loathing has flown south, to the blue end of London.

You have to admit though, that perhaps the clubs biggest icon of the past 25 years was correct in his comments about the prawn sandwich brigade, and the lack of quality in the squad.

Regarding comments appertaining to my level of support for Villa - In my time of supporting I've seen them win the European Cup and 6 years later play Plymouth Argyle in the Second Division...I would have given up the ghost then.

Soldato
sandy10 said:
I don't hate Man Utd any more, their arrogance has crept away along with their ability to win silverware....my loathing has flown south, to the blue end of London.

Now were getting somewhere.

So its successful teams that you actually dislike? How very sad! :(

Permabanned
Maybe if Villa had had a bit of balls about them in 92-93 they might not have
finished 10 points behind us with one of our cast offs as manager and another as captain

Associate
Well, the key elements of Domestic Success has always been the League, and the FA Cup - Man U can't win them this season.

The European Cup is the greatest club prize available - Man U can't win that.

I'd say they aren't successful right now?

For the record...AVFC are still in the FA Cup!

Associate
G|mp said:
Maybe if Villa had had a bit of balls about them in 92-93 they might not have
finished 10 points behind us with one of our cast offs as manager and another as captain

Cast off?

Paul McGrath, sold as "past it" by the Great Ferguson in 1989.

PFA Player of the Year in 1993.

Great judgement again.

Cast off - Colin Gibson and er, Dwight Yorke!

Soldato
Well congratulations sandy10, you've managed to derail an otherwise decent thread. The one good thing that has come from the thread is that we now know what a complete troll you are.

Your first post in this thread was:-

sandy10 said:
Every week then.

Ferguson should have gone years ago, hopefully Man U are going to return to an age when players of the calibre Neil Webb, Danny Wallace, Peter Davenport, William Prunier et al ruled supreme...

..to those Man U "fans" wondering who the above are....they played when you probably supported Liverpool at the time.....

Hardly constructive was it?

Soldato
I just think Chelsea are running riot this season and its hard to attain success against their consistency. The Champions league is very difficult to win, even if you are the best team. Hence Liverpool winning it last season. Both Chelsea and Barca are far superior. I expect Chelsea to win the FA cup as it seems to reflect the quality of the winners quite well. The league is gone, but united will probably come second which is fine and tbh, expected. So a trophyless(spelling?) season for both ManU and Liverpool is a probability, but I don't know who are the happier supporters. united need two central midfielders, but liverpool need a forward line if either want to have a successful 06/07. Liverpools gaps seem easier to fill as there seems to be a drought of quality defensive midfielders in Europe recently.

Soldato
sandy10 said:
I support neither of the above, and hence don't care.

I disagree, you've shown that you do care by continuing to post.

sandy10 said:
Liverpool for example, despite a period of decline, have still maintained high crowd levels.

What has that got to do with present day? Manchester United have had the highest average attendance in English football for the majority of the last 50 yrs. And continue to fill the stadium every single week regardless of what team we are playing.

sandy10 said:
Yes..........late 80's....the memory of Dennis Bailey's hat-trick at Old Trafford distracted me.

lol...stuck in the 80's are we? And you say we live in the past!

sandy10 said:
Im not ashamed - how many European Cups have Man Utd won in the last 25 years?

One, but in the same year we won the Premiership and the F.A. Cup. Doing the "Treble" that has never been done before in British football history.

sandy10 said:
I think your name says it all....and with Cantona as your signature...still dreaming back to a time when you weren't the 3rd best club in the country......

You're the one living in the past bringing up stuff that happened in the 80's. We're currently the second best team in the League despite having a woeful midfield. What does that say for the quality of the teams below us?

sandy10 said:
Shame you don't put more money in your local team's pocket rather than glory hunting up North.

So, I take it your a season ticket holder, and were conceived in the Stretford End, etc, etc,

If people could only support their home team, there wouldn't be the money there is today in football. Football teams and their supporters are global. Should we also let teams only play local players? Because that would be quite boring to watch.

sandy10 said:

Man Utd had a drinking culture during the eighties, Ferguson cleared that out. Paul McGrath was one of them.

sandy10 said:
You have to admit though, that perhaps the clubs biggest icon of the past 25 years was correct in his comments about the prawn sandwich brigade, and the lack of quality in the squad.

Of course he was right, I agree with him 100%, Ferguson cannot face the truth and showed our most decorated Captain in the clubs history the back door. Shameful.

sandy10 said:
Great judgement again.

Ferguson had excellent judgement, he signed Mark Hughes who won PFA Player of the Year in 1989 and 1991. He signed Gary Pallister who won in 1992. He signed Cantona who won it in 1994. He signed Keane who won it in 2000. He signed Sheringham who it in 2001. He signed Van Nistelrooy who won it in 2002.

Associate
wintereverlong said:
Ferguson had excellent judgement, he signed Mark Hughes who won PFA Player of the Year in 1989 and 1991. He signed Gary Pallister who won in 1992. He signed Cantona who won it in 1994. He signed Keane who won it in 2000. He signed Sheringham who it in 2001. He signed Van Nistelrooy who won it in 2002.

How has his judgement been recently? Kleberson, Saha, Djemba-Djemba, Evra.....

re-signing Hughes, and the capture of Pallister, Keane, Cantona, Sheringham and Van Nistelrooy wasn't great judgement per se - they were already clearly very gifted, and in some instances decorated players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom