Alex Ferguson's tactical decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
sandy10 said:
How has his judgement been recently? Kleberson, Saha, Djemba-Djemba, Evra.....

You really are a buffoon arn't you?

Kleberson and Djemba Djemba were not good buys. Saha has a similar goal per game ratio to Rooney. He does what he's payed for...scores goals! How the hell can you judge Evra on a couple of performances? How many times have you seen him play a full match for United?

I could list a number of bad signings by Mourinho and Wenger. Indeed, most of the prominent and crucial players that Chelsea have now were there BEFORE Mourinho arrived.

Soldato
sandy10 said:
How has his judgement been recently? Kleberson, Saha, Djemba-Djemba, Evra.....

re-signing Hughes, and the capture of Pallister, Keane, Cantona, Sheringham and Van Nistelrooy wasn't great judgement per se - they were already clearly very gifted, and in some instances decorated players.

You'll notice how I used the word 'had' excellent judgement. He no longer does. Judgement does come into it when bringing players to a club. There is no guarantee that they'll play well for you. Who does Djemba Djemba play for now?

You should concentrate more on your own team, last time I looked they were 15th.

Soldato
Haha Sandy, I love your work. Every time someone defeats your argument you shift the goalposts, it's ace.

You: You ManU fans won't remember these old players

Them: Yeah we do.

You: Well I remember when you had regular attendances below 25,000

Them: Where? Our stats say we've had the best attendances for 50-odd years.

You: Yeah, well you're in Wolverhampton and support ManU! Glory fan!

Gimp: I'm from Machester, and you're a Villa fan from Torquay.

You: Well err... shame you can't spend dome of your time supporting a local team.

Gimp: I just said I've been to see Wolves. Do you go to see Torquay regularly?

You: Errmm, hasn't Ferguson got crap judgement in signing players?

Them: No, not really, he's spotted some right gems before.

You: Oh no, I meant recently, even though previous comments may have indicated that I thought he's always been like this. Oh, and we have more European trophies than you. So there!

Soldato
TrueBlue said:
didnt Rio get owned by Savage and Tugay the other week in midfield?

No, it was terrible defensive mistakes.
David Bentley will not score three goals in the same season again, let alone in the same match.

Associate
Weebull said:
Haha Sandy, I love your work. Every time someone defeats your argument you shift the goalposts, it's ace.

Hell, if you can't have a little bit of Man U fan baiting fun anymore, what's the point?! No intention of upsetting or disrespecting the Red Army.

I'd argue the moon was made of Kola Cubes if it prompted a reaction!.

ps.
And on the subject of Judgement - Ferguson sells Forlan, Forlan becomes top scorer in Spain. Say no more - Alex, your a legend.

ps.
And on the subject of Judgement - Ferguson sells Forlan, Forlan becomes top scorer in Spain. Say no more - Alex, your a legend.[/QUOTE]

Which part of that makes sense to you? Cos it doesnt make much sense to me! Hows Forlan doing this year then? One season does not make you a great player?

Associate
Because we are talking about judgement - Ferguson sold Forlan, who went on to score a hatfull of goals for Villareal.

Was he given enough chance at Man Utd, or did "Fergie" pull the trigger too quickly?.

Does THAT make sense to you.

Work it out.

You didnt answer my question on how he is doing this year. You seem to be unable to make statements and then back them up? Forlan was given ample opportunity at the start of his United career but things didnt happen for him. But then previously you have mentioned Evra as a poor Fergie purchase after 4 games!! Again it doesnt make sense to me.

Associate
williamw11 said:
You didnt answer my question on how he is doing this year. You seem to be unable to make statements and then back them up? Forlan was given ample opportunity at the start of his United career but things didnt happen for him. But then previously you have mentioned Evra as a poor Fergie purchase after 4 games!! Again it doesnt make sense to me.

He has scored 5 in 19 games in an injury ravaged season, BUT his side are still in the European Cup...

Evra looks poor based on the games I've seen thus far, and the two Man U supporters in our office here agree he looks like a ropey signing.

Injury ravaged. What injuries did he have? He hadnt scored for 7 games until they beat Espanyol.
How many games have you seen him play then? Is that 90 minutes per game or 5 minutes on MOTD?
If thats your logic then Pallister and Schmeichel to name but two wouldnt have had a long career at United.

Associate
..put it this way...He has won the European Golden Boot.

How many times has Saha, or indeed Rooney dont that?

Perhaps he can show you what he can do if Villareal draw Man Utd in this seasons European Cup...hold on....

Permabanned
I love this.

I hope Wigan beat Man U in the Worthless Cup, growing up around Wigan with nearly ever lad supporting Man U.

It will really show how the mighty have fallen, fallen by there own stupid greed and blind ignorance.

Soldato
sandy10 said:
Because we are talking about judgement - Ferguson sold Forlan, who went on to score a hatfull of goals for Villareal.

Was he given enough chance at Man Utd, or did "Fergie" pull the trigger too quickly?.

Does THAT make sense to you.

Work it out.

LOL please. I think its fair to say forlan couldn't handle the premiership, he was given PLENTY of chances. When he finally scored his first goal (after what? almost 20 appearances with plenty of starts?) he grabbed a few more shortly after but to say fergie got rid of him without giving him a chance is criminal.

Associate
cheets64 said:
I love this.

I hope Wigan beat Man U in the Worthless Cup, growing up around Wigan with nearly ever lad supporting Man U.

It will really show how the mighty have fallen, fallen by there own stupid greed and blind ignorance.

Yes, Man U having to actually take an interest in the League Cup is fantastic.

sandy10 said:
..put it this way...He has won the European Golden Boot.

How many times has Saha, or indeed Rooney dont that?

Perhaps he can show you what he can do if Villareal draw Man Utd in this seasons European Cup...hold on....

Lets see then - he wins it 1 year then what happens the next. 1 goal in 7 games. You neglect to mention Ruud in the quoted strikers. Is that because he has won it or was it a convenient oversight? Saha - been injured more than he has played but showing recently what he can do. Rooney - not a striker but more likely to play off the striker ie Van Nistelrooy. Not a lot of logic to your point.

Then you finish it with a statement like that. Oh dear not sure you can sink lower. But I suppose when you cant back your statements up, you make silly statements instead.

Associate
Scoring one goal on seven games isn't really relevant - it's the importance of the goals that count.

For instance, purely conincidental, Peter Crouch hadn't scored in 9 games until Saturday, when the inconspiquous 6'7" striker appeared unmarked to head home the winner and dump Man Ure out of the FA Cup, and thus render Ferguson trophyless [Worthless Cup excluded] for another season.....Enough Said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom