Alex Scott - Question of sport

Caporegime
I've said it before but whoever is pushing these 'woke' affirmative action programmes that essentially persecute the white majority because of their race are the real racists as they are formenting what will ultimately be a big lash back against these minorities they claim to care so much about. You guys have seen the crime documentaries right where a parent who favoured a particular son/daughter over another and the other one ends up all bitter and twisted due to the blatant favouritism?

I miss the 90's/00's when it wasn't important what skin colour you had, when someone was appointed as a presenter and their skin colour wasn't the main highlight of all of the news stories about it.

Martin Luther King will be turning in his grave, like he said it's the content of a persons character that is important and not skin colour.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I've said it before but whoever is pushing these 'woke' affirmative action programmes that essentially persecute the white majority because of their race are the real racists as they are formenting what will ultimately be a big lash back against these minorities they claim to care so much about. You guys have seen the crime documentaries right where a parent who favoured a particular son/daughter over another and the other one ends up all bitter and twisted due to the blatant favouritism?

I miss the 90's/00's when it wasn't important what skin colour you had, when someone was appointed as a presenter and their skin colour wasn't the main highlight of all of the news stories about it.

Martin Luther King will be turning in his grave, like he said it's the content of a persons character that is important and not skin colour.

You simply will not get the job if the white quota is already filled up. The BBC requires 1/3 of the cast it seems to be black so it doesnt mean the job goes to the best person but the right colored person.

Trump took on the University about something like this no? I want Boris to prove he really is a conserative and have an investigation to see if what i say is true and it is. And thus make them stop it, Ban race quotas and if anyone was not hired due to quotas lets see lawsuits.

The best thing that can be done is a yougov petiton i will gladly sign it because this isnt meant to be how society is run. The left actually are the very thing they hate but the only difference is thier world views. The totarianism, The persecution its all the same!!!

Caporegime
You simply will not get the job if the white quota is already filled up. The BBC requires 1/3 of the cast it seems to be black so it doesnt mean the job goes to the best person but the right colored person.

Trump took on the University about something like this no? I want Boris to prove he really is a conserative and have an investigation to see if what i say is true and it is. And thus make them stop it, Ban race quotas and if anyone was not hired due to quotas lets see lawsuits.

The best thing that can be done is a yougov petiton i will gladly sign it because this isnt meant to be how society is run. The left actually are the very thing they hate but the only difference is thier world views. The totarianism, The persecution its all the same!!!

Society at the moment has an inherent bias against BAME people, be that in job applications or elsewhere. Studies have shown than people with 'black sounding' names are routinely passed over for interview despite being qualified and in some situations over-qualified in favour of 'white' sounding names. These Quotas were brought in to make sure this stopped happening. I agree the best person for the job should get the job but this wasn't and still isn't happening.

Caporegime
Society at the moment has an inherent bias against BAME people, be that in job applications or elsewhere. Studies have shown than people with 'black sounding' names are routinely passed over for interview despite being qualified and in some situations over-qualified in favour of 'white' sounding names. These Quotas were brought in to make sure this stopped happening. I agree the best person for the job should get the job but this wasn't and still isn't happening.

Aren't the quotas overreaching though if only 10-15% of the population is BAME?

Caporegime
Alex Scott is great, but then I don't even watch a question of sport like most here I suspect so why would anyone have a problem with it?

Then again 25,000 velcro wallet and leather flip phone case owning manbabies were so upset about a dance on TV they had to complain to OFCOM so that's the world we're living in right now.

Permabanned
Aren't the quotas overreaching though if only 10-15% of the population is BAME?

So you seen my post in the TV license thread? 27.5% of the BBC and they want more. Also MissChief there were laws against discrimination so if it was happening why was it not being fixed in a legal case? What more do they need?

The quota system is actually a form of discrimination, There is no way to deny that so our society is now accepting white discrimination while harping on about BAME discrimination.

Soldato
Alex Scott is great, but then I don't even watch a question of sport like most here I suspect so why would anyone have a problem with it?

Then again 25,000 velcro wallet and leather flip phone case owning ********** were so upset about a dance on TV they had to complain to OFCOM so that's the world we're living in right now.

I watched it today for about 30 seconds before realizing Corrie was on for an hour. no one watched it yet so many people all of a sudden have an opinion.

Soldato
OP

Then again 25,000 velcro wallet and leather flip phone case owning manbabies were so upset about a dance on TV they had to complain to OFCOM so that's the world we're living in right now.
I watched QoS from time to time and it's has got very tame so maybe it does need a revamp but as I said I can't stand her voice so I won't be tuning in, didn't watch the dance thing but an English person protesting about stuff in America is a joke to me no matter what colour they are.

Caporegime

25,000 people complained. TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND PEOPLE. Details here: https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/ass...laint-assessment-Britains-Got-Talent,-ITV.pdf they put it ever so politely, but the general feeling I got was 'Seriously?'

Caporegime
didn't watch the dance thing but an English person protesting about stuff in America is a joke to me no matter what colour they are.

Because it's relevant here too, we steal enough things from American culture as it is so that's a fairly weak argument.

If art is supposed to be impartial and free of politics why do we need patriotic propaganda played/sung at the proms? Works both ways.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I had to Google her name to recall her but I've seen her present tonnes of football stuff, not seen her falter once. Quite like her, shes a decent, informed interviewer and presenter.

I think she's also extremely connected with most sporting personalities usually doing circuits so fits the role perfectly.

Soldato

You think she would have gotten the job if she weren't BAME?

Soldato
So according to Gary Lineker “if you have a problem with Alex getting the job, you might just be part of the problem.”

I can't stand her accent so I won't be watching but because of that I'm part of some sort of problem, do we have to like everything nowadays?

It's so lazy to blame it on racism.

You do realise that people were already having a problem with her replacing Sue Barker on social media, "she's only getting the job because she's black." So its not like he's looking to create something.

Its hilarious how many people he triggers on twitter. I'm sure he's laughing as he counts his millions and watches the notifications of people outraged at him

Commissario
Caporegime
Because it's relevant here too, we steal enough things from American culture as it is so that's a fairly weak argument.

If art is supposed to be impartial and free of politics why do we need patriotic propaganda played/sung at the proms? Works both ways.
I doubt many english people are really patriotic or give a crap about the national anthem or any other crap songs from the past.

people just dislike the BBC because they seem so anti british.

I've always considered the union jack to be tacky on any items or clothing etc

the only epic anthem is the soviet union one

Back
Top Bottom