Alex Scott - Question of sport

Associate
A Question of Sport has been redundant on the BBC for quite a few years now.

Just how can anyone sitting at home watching it be expected to know the answer to any of the questions anymore (unless they've got Sky Sports)

I know I can't. The few times I've ever watched it.

Soldato
I agree it should be if they are good enough. So why did it take until 2018 for us to see a female football pundit? Are you saying they weren't good enough until that point? Sometimes certain things need a kick or it just doesn't happen. It shouldn't be the standard but it shouldn't have taken until 2018 for it happen. TBH I think Lineker was trolling because his twitter feed is full of people being offended. And once again it worked, his feed was full of people losing their ****.

Sadly his own unconscious sexism means that he couldn't believe a woman would be a sports presenter before now, whilst his own unconscious superiority complex makes him think he can't be wrong so he never bothers to do a 3 second google search to find out just how wrong he is, just as his own unconscious racism prevents him seeing that skin colour actually does have an effect on her getting a job at the BBC, because they haven't short-listed any of the multitude of fantastic White female athletes with TV experience who are just as qualified, which then links back to his unconscious superiority complex making him unable to see that he might be wrong.

3 second Google check - 2007 for the first female UK football pundit and on the BBC too - https://womenscompetitions.thefa.com/en/Article/women-in-football-Jacqui-Oatley-240817 - :D

Soldato
3 second Google check - 2007 for the first female UK football pundit and on the BBC too - https://womenscompetitions.thefa.com/en/Article/women-in-football-Jacqui-Oatley-240817 - :D

OMG she got a job on BBC Radio Leeds. Well that's it close the thread because BBC Radio Leeds truly is the pinnacle of football broadcasting isn't it, forget MOTD, Sky Sports Football or World Cup/Euros coverage, she made it to the very top in 2007 :rolleyes: she of course makes the point she was the only female face there as well when women make up what percentage of the population again??

Talking of 3 minutes, there is 3 minutes I won't get back replying to nonsense.

Last edited:
Soldato
Quite like Alex think she'll do a good job but it's a real shame Gary Lineker has turned into such a knob. Genuinely used to like him before the did the whole "woke celebrity *******" thing.

Soldato
@Colonel_Klinck - Come on fella, it's not hard. Just take 3 seconds (not minutes) before you post a "fact" just to check you're not posting something wrong, again, and I won't have to keep repeating myself, although I do find it funny to be brutally honest :D

Sadly his own unconscious sexism means that he couldn't believe a woman would be a sports presenter before now, whilst his own unconscious superiority complex makes him think he can't be wrong so he never bothers to do a 3 second google search to find out just how wrong he is, just as his own unconscious racism prevents him seeing that skin colour actually does have an effect on her getting a job at the BBC, because they haven't short-listed any of the multitude of fantastic White female athletes with TV experience who are just as qualified, which then links back to his unconscious superiority complex making him unable to see that he might be wrong.

Associate
Bloody hell there's a lot of racist white folk in here dripping with condescension for non-white people.

"But but if we don't bias the playing field however will they achieve anything?"

You are creating a divide that will lead to a real long term social tensions so that you get to virtual signal about how pure you are when it's so obvious you are projecting YOUR inner prejudices on everyone else.

Soldato
LOLOLOL at Colonel_Klinck completely missing the point of the post by @Concrete there :D :D :D

Sadly it's no surprise though, he saw the first line matched his own bias so switched off to the rest of the message, missing the extremely important and valid point being made about hidden racism which I think is very common right now i.e White people saying "If we don't help Black people they will fail" a.k.a White Saviour Complex.

Soldato
It's pure bait from Lineker designed to wind a certain demographic up. As for Scott, I think she's fine. There's worse male pundits that somehow still keep getting jobs. QOS does seem like a relic in the quiz show world now, the show does need a refresh.

Last edited:
Permabanned
It's pure bait from Lineker designed to wind a certain demographic up. As for Scott, I think she's fine. There's worse male pundits that somehow still keep getting jobs. QOS does seem like a relic in the quiz show world now, the show does need a refresh.

They are all pathetic, Did you see the Lawro predictions where they had some apparant soul singer called Celeste doing football predictions versus Lawro. And in her summary she said she did not really know a lot about football but used to watch some when her dad did when young. :D

Basically trying to find someone female and black to insert into basically everything just to diversify it. I mean wtf does Celeste know about football?

Man of Honour
I like Alex Scott as a pundit, cant stand Lineker, him and Hamilton just need to go. Dont care where..just go.

QoS can go too, program has never been the same since Emlyn Hughes and Bill Beaumont left, was a hilarious show back then been downhill ever since.

Soldato
They are all pathetic, Did you see the Lawro predictions where they had some apparant soul singer called Celeste doing football predictions versus Lawro. And in her summary she said she did not really know a lot about football but used to watch some when her dad did when young. :D

Basically trying to find someone female and black to insert into basically everything just to diversify it. I mean wtf does Celeste know about football?

They get all sorts of celebs to do that with Lawro, most of whom know nothing about football. It's not some attempt at meeting a diversity quota no matter how hard you want it to be.

Associate

Sees a black person, assumes a diversity quota. Bravo...

Soldato
LOLOLOL at Colonel_Klinck completely missing the point of the post by @Concrete there :D :D :D

Sadly it's no surprise though, he saw the first line matched his own bias so switched off to the rest of the message, missing the extremely important and valid point being made about hidden racism which I think is very common right now i.e White people saying "If we don't help Black people they will fail" a.k.a White Saviour Complex.
But people keep implying that certain people are only getting the spots because of their colour and/or gender not talent or contacts/pushy agent. AKA bias rhetoric...

Back
Top Bottom