All Three One Plans to be cancelled from today

Soldato
source: http://www.coolsmartphone.com/2014/11/05/three-removing-one-plan-tariff-for-customers/

if true, i have till March 2015,

although to be fair id he happy with unlimited everything and 4Gb tethering for £15 per month, sim only and rolling contract
This is the line i was given last week when i renewed, all unlimited tethering would be stopped when minimum term reached, spoke to numerous departments and even instore, all said the same thing, was recommended to submit official complaint and encourage as many to do the same.

the way they explained it to me was that they offered the unlimited tethering expecting other networks to follow suite, unfortunately this has not been the case, apparently its causing a lot of network congestion and costing them a lot of money, therefore they have decided to stop offering it, when i questioned this they said something along the lines of they have the right to change conditions of the contract* and what not, and as a measure of good faith they were allowing people to continue to use it till the minimum period is up.

*dont know if this was true or not, not checked fine print of my contract.

But either way my time was up anyway, dont actually use much in the way of tethering myself, so no great loss, but it was nice to know it was there if required.
Also after looking round i havnt found any other networks that offer as good a deal even without unlimited tethering.
A bit miffed, but i'm still happy to stay with Three.

Associate
Oh dear, there will be a few unhappy in the office. There is a fella on Three that allows anyone to tether to his phone in the office, he claims he goes through 20Gb on a normal day - that's with him not really using (just everyone else taking advantage).

I'm currently on EE but have been eyeing up Three and this latest news won't stop me, the deals are more than reasonable. Mobile workers are going to have to start paying a fair price if they won't loads of tethering, what's unreasonable about that?

Man of Honour
except as far as I can see it doesn't exist. EE 20Gb unlimited texts/calls is £38.99
not even close to 50GB.

and how is it fair? unlimited internet on phone, yet I use no more tethering and it costs more?
Netflix doesn't use less data just because its a mobiles. not when mobiles have hd screens these days.

Last edited:
Associate
It does exist.

EE site - mobile broadband - choose device - choose £50 for 50Gb. So it really does exist and it would probably suit you fine. Although if you prefer just view on your phone and save the cash. Option is there though.

I see your rationale about data consumption but it really doesn't matter, Three ain't offering unlimited tethering anymore.

Man of Honour
What good is mobile broadband, that requires changing sim in phone, and on top of that requires a phone sim as well, increasing cost further.
If you think that's a fair price you need your head read,

Soldato
except as far as I can see it doesn't exist. EE 20Gb unlimited texts/calls is £38.99
not even close to 50GB.

and how is it fair? unlimited internet on phone, yet I use no more tethering and it costs more?
Netflix doesn't use less data just because its a mobiles. not when mobiles have hd screens these days.

You don't spend hours watching netflix on a phone everyday.

However using a smart tv, streaming box, console for hours every day is common.

Associate
You don't change the sim in your phone. You have a battery powered portable modem that they provide along with their sim.

It is a fair price for what you want as its probably the cheapest GB for £ solution and Three are withdrawing the service they provide you.

But its your choice, if you want lots of GB for tethering to your tablet then you need to pay some £. If the cost is too much for you then you can't afford the privilege. If you can't afford the privilege you need to stop complaining and either deal with your 6inch screen or read a book.

You are not being treated unfairly.

Soldato
:rolleyes:

Read thread.

Your argument is clearly that you use no more tethering than you would doing the same thing on a mobile. I am reading the thread. If you want to ignore the point that behaviours are different in the 2 scenarios then feel free to.

None of the mobile operators think they are the same, and you can't force them to sell you something for what you deem to be value for money.

Man of Honour
I do use mobile to watch hours and hours and hours of video, so you are clearly wrong. However if I know in advance that I'll be doing that I'll take tablet as the bigger screen is better. It doesn't stop me using the mobile though for exactly what you say people don't do,

Soldato
If a bigger screen is better and provides more enjoyment, then you will do it more. If you had to watch it on a smartwatch, I bet you wouldn't do it at all.

Also they don't have psychic technology to know what device you are tethering to, if there were shades of grey.

Associate
I do use mobile to watch hours and hours and hours of video, so you are clearly wrong. However if I know in advance that I'll be doing that I'll take tablet as the bigger screen is better. It doesn't stop me using the mobile though for exactly what you say people don't do,

If its not going to stop you then its not inconvenient, you therefore have nothing to complain about and everyone lived happily ever after.

Soldato
If its not going to stop you then its not inconvenient, you therefore have nothing to complain about and everyone lived happily ever after.

Exactly, carry on watching it on a mobile. I suspect the trouble, eye strain will reduce consumption.

Back
Top Bottom