Alpine X305 problem

Soldato
Hi all,

I just installed this unit in my car. Every time I start the car up again the unit has lost all of it's memory, so for a start I have to manually turn it on, and then all of the time, date, settings have all been reset.

I'm thinking I've probably wired it up incorrectly but hoped someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Soldato
OP
I wish I knew what that meant :(

Oh, and if I don't swap them over, will I do damage to the unit. I just can't be bothered to take it all out and swap them over now because I have some cables for the steering wheel stalk coming and I'd rather just change them over when I take it out to put them in. If that makes sense?

Caporegime
I wish I knew what that meant :(

Oh, and if I don't swap them over, will I do damage to the unit. I just can't be bothered to take it all out and swap them over now because I have some cables for the steering wheel stalk coming and I'd rather just change them over when I take it out to put them in. If that makes sense?

Won't do damage, the manual should have a wiring guide. They normaly just unplug, swap the two over and you will have a constant live feed to the HU.

Soldato
No damage, just a pain in the arse.

The stereo has 2 live inputs, one permanent and one that comes on and off with the ingition (switched). The permanent one is there to keep the settings when the car is off, so if the 2 are the wrong way around you'll get the symptoms you describe.

My old X001 had bullet connectors on the loom so you could just swap them over - red and yellow IIRC but check the manual

Soldato
OP
The bullet connectors came off when I was faffing with the wires. So I had to tie them round each other and secure them with electrical tape. I might just go out and sort it now.

Thanks all :)

EDIT: All fixed. Thank you

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom