Also new full system build

Associate
I was thinking it's time for a new upgrade, my system i am running at the moment is a intel 2600k, 8gb ram, over the years i've changed the GFX card for a nvidia 1060, new gaming keyboard and other odd bits, had this system running since 2011 or was it 2012 anyway one or the other.

So it's a big jump time to a intel 10700k

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,167.75 (includes shipping: £15.90)

Just wanted to run it passed some of the experts on here see if any issues that could come up with this new build, any issues with the gigabyte motherboard i need to be aware of, i know there is a issue with some of the z490 gigabyte range as the I225-V 2.5Gb Ethernet, i know some of the other manufacturers have that chip on there motherboard, i have gone for a motherboard with a Realtek lan port so hopefully i won't have a issue with that, look through the list let me know what you think, i know the mugen 5 cooler is out of stock here so i may wait and see if any stock turns up or purchase one from else where.
Oh and i will be reusing the GFX 1060 card in this build untill may be untill some 3000 series cards come wider across the market, plus i hear there are issue with them crashing and so i'll see how that story pans out.

Soldato
After all these years would wait for fair week to see AMD's Zen3 architecture CPUs.
AMD platform would also give upgrade path if later wanting more cores to keep on gonig for longer time.
Next-gen console level 8 cores just isn't high end for long time.

Forget Samsung drives.
As rule they're all more or less heavily brand overpriced.

Just for scale good bang per buck 1TB NVMe costs £90
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/wd-b...-solid-state-drive-wds100t2b0c-hd-56l-wd.html
And good full PCIe v3 speed drive £130.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/wd-b...-solid-state-drive-wds100t3x0c-hd-55v-wd.html

Phanteks AMP is £107
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/phanteks-amp-750w-80-plus-gold-modular-power-supply-ca-09r-pt.html

Soldato
I was thinking it's time for a new upgrade, my system i am running at the moment is a intel 2600k, 8gb ram, over the years i've changed the GFX card for a nvidia 1060, new gaming keyboard and other odd bits, had this system running since 2011 or was it 2012 anyway one or the other.

So it's a big jump time to a intel 10700k

Total: £1,167.75 (includes shipping: £15.90)

Just wanted to run it passed some of the experts on here see if any issues that could come up with this new build, any issues with the gigabyte motherboard i need to be aware of, i know there is a issue with some of the z490 gigabyte range as the I225-V 2.5Gb Ethernet, i know some of the other manufacturers have that chip on there motherboard, i have gone for a motherboard with a Realtek lan port so hopefully i won't have a issue with that, look through the list let me know what you think, i know the mugen 5 cooler is out of stock here so i may wait and see if any stock turns up or purchase one from else where.
Oh and i will be reusing the GFX 1060 card in this build untill may be untill some 3000 series cards come wider across the market, plus i hear there are issue with them crashing and so i'll see how that story pans out.
Looks good to me! Be careful with 'only' 16GB RAM, I am seeing 15GB used at times in 4K Flight Sim 20, but you can always add later, get the fastest you can, prices are good.
M2 Samsung seems pricey? I just got a 1 TB Sabrent from a not-to-be-disclosed vendor for quite a bit less.
Platinum PSU as well for around that price.? Never liked Corsair ones, Antec or nowt.
Good luck!

Soldato
@redknight333
Looks solid but
Wait till 8th at least as above ^^^ then make a choice for intel or AMD .

£1129. But 10 cores....

Total: £1,129.55 (includes shipping: £14.70)
mobile-minimized.png

Associate
OP
Made a purchase yesterday afternoon around 2pm just wondering is overclockers busy at the moment because my order as been displaying Order received - not yet shipped for the last 24 hours now.

Soldato
Made a purchase yesterday afternoon around 2pm just wondering is overclockers busy at the moment because my order as been displaying Order received - not yet shipped for the last 24 hours now.
They are very busy/logistics/probably staff issues - did you pay for next day?

Associate
OP
Yes i paid for next day, it was a smaller order than the list above not sure if that would make any difference, i do understand this virus is playing havoc with all aspects of life.
I did drop a msg in customer service as you suggested.

Soldato
Shame you couldn't wait until 1700 tomorrow when AMD announce their new CPU range :(

Still has 14 days refurb etc. And when OP asked AMD hadn't rolled out paper date to everyone .

What did you grab ? And yeah, surprised by that but could be due to Covid, not enough picking staff

Associate
OP
Well on the upside they have refunded the shipping cost, but still showing Order received - not yet shipped, they endeavor to get it out today, looks like i can't see that happening, lets see 7pm at night. :(

Soldato
I said to myself some weeks back not to order stuff till next year because of the pandemic, and i went against my feeling, and this is result of it.

Thing is, next year hardware kicks up more of a gear with Zen4 etc so you can't really win, and that's whole new socket and then Intel's new CPU of current z490 is March 2021 etc. Everyone has hated Intel's lack of progress and lack of competition... We now have it and hardware CPU side is steaming off haha

Back
Top Bottom