1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Altcoin speculation thread Mk2

Discussion in 'Crypto Currency & Mining' started by kindai, 18 Nov 2017.

1. Amplus

Hitman

Based on nothing but opinion I dont think we will ever see a super bull run like we did in 2017. However on the flip side don't think we will see a massive crash like we did after the bull run. Think eventually it will become more stable and boring like Shares....I base that on the fact this time round you have institutional money which we didn't have in 2017 and with the Coinbase stock listing Crypto is becoming alot more legitimate then it was before so expect legislation to follow soon.

2. postbox

Hitman

The number or fraction of a bitcoin you buy (made up of Satoshis) will remain the same it's the value of that which will fluctuate like with any coin / token / share within a market.

3. Jintsay

Associate

Anyone got an opinion on CyberFi's first Stakepad offering? I could be wrong and often am, but I don't see the appeal of staking where the reward is set at a static daily amount for the whole pool rather than an APY. Unless you're the only one staking of course.

4. Amplus

Hitman

CyberFi Samurai is fantastic. Absolutely love the platform. For IDO's though only. Need just 50 then you stake them on there. You have to stake CFI on the Stakepad to get into the IDO's

5. Minusorange

Soldato

6. Jintsay

Associate

100%. I am staking CFI but only recently. Not been selected for any whitelists I've applied for. Same for Paid Network. I've had an invitation for Blocbank's private sale, but had the feeling before even applying that everyone on the whitelist would get selected. It's not even being delivered via Ignition. Will do some more research before taking this one on,

7. Amplus

Hitman

You got selected for the private sale? Pal don't miss that opportunity. I applied for that and didn't get chosen nor the public sale. Could be some massive multiple gains.

When did you get your 50 CFI because the first 2 IDO's everyone was guaranteed to be whitelisted....love it so much I'm upto 200 CFI now so got 4x the chance of getting chosen for the IDO's. Out of 18 Polkastarter projects been whitelisted for 5. Seem harder and harder to get in. I've applied for 5 Paid and got in none.

Look at Finminity and Genesis Shards. GS just came out yesterday from Polkastarter but tanked straight away. No one knows it's going to be a big Launchpad platform for NFT projects. Finminity is only 6 million MC, need 500 to get a good allocation. Both have massive VC's. Loaded up ready for the launchpad then people will FOMO in once they are more known.

8. Jintsay

Associate

I started staking CFI after the 3rd whitelist application closed. Applied for the 4th, Plethori, which is also on Paid. I just checked the private sale details and there were 450 winners out of around 3,300 applicants, so easier to get in to, but not guaranteed. I think it's normall a 1 in 35 chance or similar. You need to have min $2,000 in the qualifying wallet to enter. $BANK tokens are locked in for 2 months then vested for 10 more in equal monthly amounts. Will give this a shot, but a bit more of a commitment in the private sales than the IDOs by the looks of things.

I am holding some Finminity, but not yet jumped on Genesis Shards. Will have a look into that.

9. Minusorange

Soldato

What happened with Ether for fees to be so much cheaper than what they've been recently ?

[​IMG]

10. Jintsay

Associate

I think that's down to the Ethereum Berlin Hard Fork

11. McPhee

Soldato

Also notable that a lot of people seem to be expecting a crash, ala 2018. And then another rise. Or to put it another way, another opportunity to buy cheap and sell high. The expectation is that prices will drop 80%+ again before new, much higher ATHs are set after a period of time.

That's different to 2018 and 2012. Sure, some believed crypto would rally again. But many (most?), particularly in mainstream circles, thought cryptocurrency was dead on both occasions. If most now believe crypto is here to stay, then more are likely to hold rather than sell. And people are more likely to buy in long before values plunge 80%+. Nobody wants to miss the buying opportunity on the way down...

12. inferno

Wise Guy

Anyone in kickpad on the mist IDO?

Is it best to sell as soon as it goes live on pancakeswap?

13. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

Bloody Doge, rubbing it in!

14. kiteloopy

Mobster

Still only holding IOTA back from 2018. Fortunately I got in when it was 0.40 cents and now its $2 odd. Profit on that.

15. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

Come on OMI, do a Doge!

16. Minusorange

Soldato

I have 6.7 Iota stuck on Bitfinex which I only bought to use up my lose change that I got in at the same price, going to sell today and buy some Wax

17. omnomnom

Capodecina

Im currently sitting on 1090 Doge coins i bought for £30. Im not going to sell them but...how do i? I have a cypto.com account. I only set it up to play around with and to get a better understanding of how it all works lol.

18. chroniclard

Capodecina

whats with doge, its completely useless isnt it? :cry:

19. IceAx

Soldato

I bought a 1000 for a tenner for a laugh obvs now looking for how to get out when they get to a few quid : https://anycoindirect.eu/ - can sell there for euro or other crypto

20. Minstadave

Caporegime

It's insanely volatile at the mo!