1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Altcoin speculation thread Mk2

Discussion in 'Crypto Currency & Mining' started by kindai, 18 Nov 2017.

1. MrWhippy

Wise Guy

Approx $26m staked across all PolyWhale tanks/ocean. Not bad considering it's 2 days old...

2. MrWhippy

Wise Guy

Ooh, get me. Sound like a right shiller. I'll back away slowly now.
    :D

3. Beer_MonsterUK

Hitman

Anyone else mining Verus (vrsc). I had a crack at mining it for a week or so and have 10 coins. The price has shot up to £2.24 this weekend.

4. inferno

Wise Guy

I am looking towards the bear market and investments that can be made then.

Just wondering how obvious a pick was something like ADA, DOT, LINK, VET or BNB one year ago?

If I put 100k into the top 25 coins in a year from now when prices have crashed what are the chances of them still being top 25 come next bull run with huge gains vs half of them turning to zero?

5. Buffman

Sgarrista

Anyone else buying quant? Bought it as a friend recommended but seems to be fairly sound logic behind it (not that I've read it all to be honest!)

Info here
    https://www.quant.network/

Theres a lot of positive vibes in the telegram chat but of course that will be confirmation bias

6. Minusorange

Soldato

USDC runs the token fees for gas so it's $6 at the moment, although it's been around $20 on average for the past few months

7. Amplus

Hitman

All will remain top 25 except for ADA which is another EOS (Scam coin built on hype, promises and nothing else...so far).

Why didn't you put money in last week when everything was down if you have 100k to spend on crypto.

8. Amplus

Hitman

Wow Gensius Shards just went up nearly 100% in a couple of hours. My biggest bag as well. Hope people got in when I mentioned it several times recently.

9. Skidder

Man of Honour

Gratz

10. inferno

Wise Guy

All my money is in stocks and crypto except for a few K in my current account. Last week I was silently crying. :p

When things get really ugly in crypto I will redeploy some stock funds to crypto. That's assuming we see a repeat of 2017 and prolonged bear market which I am not entirely certain will happen. If everyone thinks something will happen usually it does not pan out that way.

11. MoRT489

Soldato

I see Chain Guardians listed on Kucoin, did a quick 100% then dropped down to pre listing level. Is my CGG safer held in MetaMask or on KuCoin?

12. RedMogg

Wise Guy

Metamask Wallet far less likely to be swiped from than an exchange - but more awkward to trade quickly...

13. Angerer

Wise Guy

Last edited: 26 Apr 2021
  14. Amplus

Hitman

Hate Kucoin. Nightmare to get your funds out.

15. krooton

Caporegime

MATIC having a fun time.

4 days ago my portfolio was at it's lowest total value, now I am at my personal ATH, bouncing back 50%.

Crazy.

16. ants83

Wise Guy

Gambled a bit on some newcoins from recommendations on here and elsewhere. I have Bonfire(BFIRE), Happy, SMRAT and for my sins ELONGATE.
    Not been in crypto too long its a learning curve but only playing with what I can afford to loose.

17. 413x

Capodecina

I was so close to coming out in that dip. But basically back to where I was before.

Stove like rep I bought in the dip are up 20 percent from buy

Basically completely unpredictable as always

18. illuz

Mobster

Good day for the ETH holders. :)

19. Telecaster

Soldato

CELL isn't doing very well, seems to be going against the whole market and continuing to fall.

20. atomixers

Gangster

Took a 50/50 decision on Matic vs Cell on Sunday and of course guess where I ended up putting my funds :mad: