1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Altcoin speculation thread Mk2

Discussion in 'Crypto Currency & Mining' started by kindai, 18 Nov 2017.

1. Flack88

Wise Guy

Any way to calculate what the gas fee will be?

2. Minusorange

Soldato

3. Mulder

Mobster

My Cake stash in Bunny has been a total gravy train the last couple of weeks - the returns are fantastic. Way higher than I was getting in the Cake pool in $ terms. Not sure about the auto compounding bit (it says it is) but I'm claiming the yields every couple of days (both Cake and Bunny) and selling to BUSD , then using that to diversify elsewhere. I'd be putting more in if Cake hadn't pumped so much recently, it's my best performer other than MATIC.

4. Simon

Capodecina

To be fair i think my GUM-BMB LP is doing well. But cake is making everything rise on paper.

Just the fees of getting that Bunny out as doesnt auto compound then moving back to cake etc can eat into it a bit but depends how much you have in i guess)

5. Telecaster

Soldato

CELL going well. lol

6. Th0nt

Capodecina

Did you buy it?

7. Telecaster

Soldato

Yes I bought a small amount as a speculative gamble. It's only 43% down from my buy in.

8. Pigeon_Killer

Caporegime

Isn't there another token unlock in a few days? Doesn't seem like a token that has a bright future in the short term.

9. Th0nt

Capodecina

:D

10. inferno

Wise Guy

I sold it and bought quickswap to get on the polygon train. Worked out well.

11. chroniclard

Capodecina

Why do they even have these initial Ido, literally just a mechanism for a handful to make a quick buck. Do they serve any useful purpose?

Is it just so trash projects can get a bit of funding?

12. Amplus

Hitman

Nah it's to build hype that's why they do it. They only raise about $200k as well so not like they getting much from it just exposure everyone trying to get in to make a quick buck.If it's on Polkastarter or Paid chances are it's a decent to very high quality project as they are vetted before. IDO's are better now. In 2017 anyone could enter a IDO and the projects were not vetted. I entered 5 IDO's in 2017/18. Of the 5, 4 rug pulled and I lost all my money. Times have changed.

I said Refianble did well over a x200 at its highest. The Unore IDO I was on yesterday did a X3 :cry: The hype of the product makes the difference. I have 3 IDO's tomorrow. NAOZ on Polkastarter, my first one ever on Paid called Globe and an Avalanche airdrop and its first project called Valour or something like that on CyberFi.

Looked into Globe last night and it has the same backers as Coinbase! Was planning just to dump after the IDO (if I get the tokens) but with the VC's they have Pantera being the biggest think I'll hold.

Prices of almost every coin except Doge, Matic and all these meme coins seem stagnant. Everything in accumulation faze. Cellframe disappointing but been accumulating so much as generally feel so excited about it given 99% of crypto is *****. From what I've read / seen could be a top 20 crypto in the future and a Binance listing will come one day as they have 3 Commas. Can understand why people are selling though as price isn't moving and we all in it to make money. Expect Marlin to go on a run as well on the back of Matic.

13. chroniclard

Capodecina

Seems like a full time job trying to get into all the IDO's :)

14. Amplus

Hitman

Have to pimp yourself out retweeting rubbish saying how amazing this project is essentially selling your soul...but if it makes a few K it's worth it :D Doesn't take too much time. Just join the announcement telegram for Polkastarter, Paid, etc and it will tell you when to whitelist.

15. Jerry64

Wise Guy

Prosper on the move up finally :D

16. joelk2

Soldato

What’s the consensus for a good short term gain that could be bought on the NiceHash or coinbase exchanges?

17. Apex

Suspended

Doge is my bet

18. Minstadave

Caporegime

Eth has weathered the recent dip much better than BTC. Anyone know why?

19. Minstadave

Caporegime

Next few days will be interesting. Had a little bump yesterday with Elons tweet, probably more to come.

20. MoRT489

Soldato

Why does this still not have a USDT pairing on Binance :confused: I’ve still got my previous sells set but as they’re in PROS/ETH and ETH has run away from the rest of the market recently I need to redo them as will be converting into USDT not holding in ETH.