1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Altcoin speculation thread Mk2

Discussion in 'Crypto Currency & Mining' started by kindai, 18 Nov 2017.

1. Apex

Suspended

My feeling is the very strong desire that some have on reddit for this to reach 1 dollar.

My sell point is 89 and see what happens then.

2. Telecaster

Soldato

What are the odds of him shilling it on SNL when he hosts?

3. Lartyconshayo

Mobster

ok bought or buying - just waiting for transaction to confirm on etehrscan - 50 CFI. So hold them in MM wallet is fine for entry or do I have to stake them somewhere? Is there a doc to read ?

EDIT - staked on Samurai and doing Verso airdrop to start I guess

Last edited: 29 Apr 2021
  4. Amplus

Hitman

Yes stake them on Samurai. You filled in the Verso whitelist? Join the CyberFi and Samurai announcement telegrams. They have 4-5 IDO's coming up. Partnership with Avalanche so as well as the Avalanche airdrop and Verso should see more Avalanche projects in future

5. Lartyconshayo

Mobster

Yeah filled in the whitelist. How do they know you've retweeted ?

6. inferno

Wise Guy

Elon probably holds a big bag and is keeping the price high and making a lot of millennials rich, it's great marketing for Tesla.

7. End Creditz

Wise Guy

Got a couple of hundred quid going begging after selling up some bits of jewellry I had no more use for. Suggestions for where to put that for some short term games before I dump it into an Eth/BTC pairing for a longer term burn?

8. Amplus

Hitman

Wouldn't be selling Jewellery or going broke for this crypto *****.

Guessing you are a 'newbie' so better to stick to something safe. Just look at coin gecko top 100 sort by 24 hour but look at ones that are in red and haven't pumped / price has fallen. One that sounds out is Vechain as its down 18% in a week. DYOR though don't ask random people on here.

Last edited: 29 Apr 2021
  9. End Creditz

Wise Guy

I've been in VeChain for awhile now. Got back my original investment and I'm riding that one for free now. Which is pretty much my strategy in a nutshell. As for newbie, yeah no doubt but I like to hear what people are looking at so I can just add it to things to bone up on add to my own personal knowledgebase of coins and different peoples takes on them. This thread is all over the place but usually some good info to pick out from the catfights.

10. ants83

Wise Guy

Yep just seeing what these **** coins are like and they really are ****. Doubled up on bonfire though but it's all so risky.

I first got into crypto from hearing about BAT/BRAVE and this is what I'm hodling most off as I like the project.

Alot to learn for a newbie but I'm getting there.
    Also, never panic sell is my advice when the market dips

11. n30_mkii

Wise Guy

Anyone in KickPad, and knows the score on it? i.e is there a vesting requirement etc? Going to read up today, but just wondering if someone has used it. Doesn't look like the most active launchpad

12. Amplus

Hitman

Allocations are so tiny wouldn't bother personally. For $1000 investment you get a $20 allocation :confused: If you want a Launchpad that is only 4 million MC go for Finminity. 500 for guaranteed allocation which isn't mega expensive, anything less then 500 you go into the lottery. First IDO coming up this week which you will be too late for but more on their way.

13. Jintsay

Associate

I know it's highly unpredictable, but is there a strategy for approaching IDOs? Since applying for whitelists, I've been watching all the ones I didn't qualify for and the trend seems to be that they rocket for the first x minutes, then bomb, then gradually climb back over the next few days to about 50% of the peak. Id be tempted to try and call the top within the first 15 minutes and buy the tokens back a few hours later hlaf price if I liked the project. I'm not delusional enough to think it could be this easy, but interested to see how others approach these launches.

14. Jintsay

Associate

I should clarify that this rise and fall seems to occur after the tokens get released on a DEX rather than immediately after the IDO, which is often not the same time.

15. MoRT489

Soldato

Sold about half of my PROS yesterday but glad I held onto a portion as it’s a further 40% up today :eek:

Edit: 50%.

Last edited: 30 Apr 2021
  16. Minusorange

Soldato

Glad I bought some BNB in the last dip, making some nice profit in the pool

Kind of wish I'd bought some Cake too when it was $20 but knowing how it all works and how there is effectively an unlimited supply it seemed too much a gamble even though price has doubled and those farms offer insane yields :confused:

17. Amplus

Hitman

Those wanting to get into Polkastarter finally have their chance. They changed the structure so instead of 3000 POLS it's 250 POLS to get 1 raffle ticket. Also you are only allowed to win 1 IDO a week so chances will increase massively. I'd buy now if you want to get in before price doubles quickly which it will.

18. Amplus

Hitman

Winning chances
    We have crunched the numbers. Removing the public pools will improve the probabilities of winning for POLS token holders significantly. Not only that, but holding as little as 250 POLS now gives you a reasonable chance of winning a whitelist spot. Until now, your only chance was the public list, and we all know how hard this was!

Based on the current token distribution, and an average pool with 1,000 whitelist spots, this would mean:

• 250+ POLS = 100 winners
    • 1,000+ POLS = 130 winners
    • 3,000+ POLS = 600 winners
    • 10,000+ POLS = 90 winners
    • 30,000+ POLS = 80 winners

19. MoRT489

Soldato

Awesome. Will buy through Uniswap now. Is that why POLS has just spiked?

edit: yep big price spike $2.90 up to $3.50+
    Edit: got my 250 POLS untold riches here I come :D

Last edited: 30 Apr 2021
  20. Pen66

Wise Guy

Is pancake swap still a viable earner?

I've found £500 ETH in a coinbase account I haven't touched in years and looking to do something with it.