1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Altcoin speculation thread Mk2

Discussion in 'Crypto Currency & Mining' started by kindai, 18 Nov 2017.

1. Begbie

Caporegime

High. Get in, board the pump and dump. Don't get greedy, believing all the hype of $1 a coin.

2. PaulM

Gangster

Reading that Yeet discord is weird, are the people in those chats trolls or crazy? Multiple people claiming to have put $80k+ into Yeet before it collapsed. Are there really people that by the sounds of it definitely can't afford to lose it, putting that kind of money into some of these altcoins and leaving it there? :eek:

3. Jerry64

Wise Guy

Then we can use them too buy GPU's with :D

4. no_1_dave

Soldato

PancakeSwap has screwed me over with this today...

Bought 0.4 BNB 15 mins after you mentioned it, then went to bed.

Checked before work and it was worth 1.3 BNB so tried to sell but kept getting an error. I was in a hurry so couldn't take too long but tried changing the slippage, selling a lesser amount, everything, but couldn't get it working.

Now I'm back home from work and it's dropped to being worth 0.54 BNB, but still can't sell any, I change the slippage, change the amounts, tried everything I can try.

The error is: The transaction cannot succeed due to error: undefined. This is probably an issue with one of the tokens you are swapping.

Any idea how to fix it so I don't lose out on a nice profit next time this happens?

5. RedMogg

Wise Guy

If liquidity is an issue, then that'll flummux trying to withdraw - however, Qbit appears to have a decent sized pool and watching some of the buy ins, plenty of cash to buy your sell order.

Upping the slippage isn't the best move, as you risk losing a large percentage of the gains, but I've had some success amending my GAS fee from 5 to 10 and even 18, to ensure my transaction takes priority at least.

It is a tricky situation, particularly with the more highly volatile tokens - I've experienced the exact same issue you describe and I'm not familiar enough with PCS to know how best to increase one's chances, beyond simply upping GAS.

I wouldn't worry too much - Qbit has been open for sale for less than 24 hours. It'll pop back up again very soone, I'm sure.

6. Pigeon_Killer

Caporegime

Yep, people are stupid. I took some money I made from FEG and put $10 in. These meme coins are just a massive gamble and for every coin that'll 100 or 1000x your money there will be 1000 coins you'll lose it all on.

There was a guy on the FEG reddit that put $300 in to it a month ago and was $300k up, didn't take a penny out and he's now lost most of it and still won't take any money out. The HODL and Diamond Hands crew all seem to put money in they can't afford to lose so it's funny seeing them wiped out. Harsh lesson and it'll ruin some of their lives but it's hard not to think they deserve it.

7. PaulM

Gangster

They have a 40% sale tax decreasing 1% each day for 31 days in the contract:

Code:
        function calculateTaxFee(uint256 _amount, address to) private view returns (uint256) {
            if (startDate > block.timestamp || _taxFee == 0 || to != address(uniswapV2Pair)) {
                return _amount.mul(_taxFee).div(
                    10**_decimals
                );
            }
            uint256 dayCount = (block.timestamp - startDate) / 60 / 60 / 24;
            if (dayCount < 31) {
                return _amount.mul(33 - dayCount).div(
                    10**_decimals
                );
            }
            return _amount.mul(_taxFee).div(
                10**_decimals
            );
        }
    Today you have to sell it with a 50% slippage and I think PancakeSwap only supports 49% max. You can sell on bogged finance with 50% slippage

8. no_1_dave

Soldato

So does this mean I would lose 40% if I sold today? I am seeing lots of sells happening

9. RedMogg

Wise Guy

If you're seeing that sort of a return, how best would one secure it?

Would you be able to just set "Swap MAX" and exchange every single token at the highest rate? Or would one need to split into several transactions to avoid crashing the value of the coin in question?
    I guess it would depend on the size of the funds in question

10. PaulM

Gangster

I'm new to this so someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe yes, you'd lose 50% in fees selling now (10% redistribution tax, 40% sales tax in the contract).

11. no_1_dave

Soldato

It's odd so many people are selling it then? Or just realising this and getting out maybe?
    So this means the slippage can be decreased each day for 31 days as well? Default is 12, Bogged finance works with it set to 43 and above but pancakeswap won't work at all.

Wish I'd seen the sale tax before jumping in, live and learn I guess. I'll hold it until selling it still makes either my BNB back or a small profit, then get rid (if it even reaches that again)

12. Pigeon_Killer

Caporegime

I'll be honest, every man for himself. If you set yourself targets to take profit on the way up and you end up crashing a coin as a result, it's everyone else's problem.

My high caps are HODL coins, don't need the money and can afford to lose it but I have taken my initial investment out of GRT, VET and ADA now. I've set myself a target of 2x for my mid caps and 10x for my low caps to take profits. Haven't 2x'd any mid cap yet but put $10 in to FEG last month and took $100 last week. $50 of that is profit, and won't be reinvested, and the rest is split between 5 more low caps. Still got 10 billion FEG that can just sit there and do whatever it wants now.

13. Tweek_1984

Mobster

Bogged just unironically got bogged

14. Pigeon_Killer

Caporegime

Another flash loan exploit, BSC really is a ****ing mess.

Edit: Bogged dropped down to $0.08c from $27 :eek:

Last edited: 22 May 2021
  15. Th0nt

Capodecina

Bogged down eh! :p

16. Minusorange

Soldato

Flash loans aren't exclusive to BSC

17. Rex-Kramer

Wise Guy

Qbit was a right cluster **** last night. The tax didn’t work at first so all the whales sold, then they got the tax working but it was too late.

So yep the tax is now working, I posted it when the tax wasn’t working.

I’ve just lumped into bog, hopefully it recovers like Bunny did!

18. Jintsay

Associate

The bunny recovery has petered out a bit. Is that it done? I was expecting it to challenge $100. I had put the reduction in volume down to the fact that it's the weekend, but it's all bot trades anyway, so not likely to be a factor.

19. Rex-Kramer

Wise Guy

It was heading past $70 when China dumped the market. I can’t decide what’s going to happen with it, the level of bot trading is mind blowing. This morning there were nearly 3 hours of constant trades all bots.

20. psykix

Gangster

Bog seems to be struggling to gain any upward traction.. I’ve bought a load, but I’m not convinced!