Alternatives to a Supra?

Suspended
How about a Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo??

http://www.supercarworld.com/showcase/2/main.html

The turbo engine kicks out 220bhp with 228lbft of torque, 155mph, 0-60 in 6.2sec and 0-100 in just 14.5sec. Economy is pretty good (around 28mpg even with a heavy right foot),

My father-in-law had one before his Jag, very nice car although he never got it above 120mph, too scared! :D rapid, leather interior and you can get some nice ones in the price range your looking at.

Soldato
R3DBuLL said:
Normal driving will get you about 34-35mpg or higher or harder driving 28mpg roughly ish :p depends really but its very good on fuel all things considered

lol that is good on fuel I used to get 34mpg on the motorway and 7mpg when going mad!!!

back OT I would go for a Mondy over the Clio, they are nice little cars but they are too small for my taste, the Mondy is the right size to be sensible but still with some poke.

Accord Type R perhaps? (not my cuppa tea mind)

Man of Honour
cymatty said:
Hmmm
Clio newer
Clio Faster?
Clio more fun in twisties
Clio better on fuel

etc etc. ;) :p

The Clio is the better car when you are caning the life out of it around a back road when it's super fun.

The rest of the time it's a Renault Clio, and thus, the ST200 > it :p

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Worthy said:
172 popped into my head as well. What's the petrol costs like?

I do approx 55 miles a day and a tank lasts me a week of going to work and a bit left for some fun :) That's a week of pretty mundane driving with some good blasts thrown in for good measure and a tank usually averages 35mpg.

On a motorway trip that'll up to 40+, my record being 42mpg for a tank.

Apart from when I've just filled it up and the old mpg meter is going mental I've never had a tank below 30mpg average.

Soldato
Civic Type R?

1325494336.jpg

Associate
Octavia vRS?
ocvrs1.jpg

Add £1500 for a custom exhasut, CAI and a custom remap and you'll be knocking on 240bhp.

Interiors are 10 times of the build quality of a Clio, lovely leather seats, climate control etc, 35mpg+ , giving it some will even yeild 30mpg and best of all it's turbo :p

I haz 4090!
Don
OP
CTR was on my maybe list too. 7k though?

I hadn't thought of an Octavia, lovely cars. Hmm that will need some insurance quotage tomorrow. :)

Accord is a possiblilty too!

Soldato
Wow, nice price bracket for something sensible yet interesting..

I like the Accord idea, even the ST200 doesn't sound too bad for the money,

The Clio would be uber fun, but a tad small..

or maybe Vauxhall Astra Coupe Turbo
media

Easily had for £6K and 150MPH/7 seconds to 60/30MPG

Caporegime
Siliconslave said:
theres not nearly enough mx-5 pimpage in this thread, tsk.

Why not get annother sports car, not a car with a sports badge stuck on it :)

Agree, your not bothered about space, want something thats not to expensive to run but not boring, well the mx ticks all these boxes.

Soldato
Honda prelude Type-S
220Bhp, Active torque transfer system, cruse control, heated seats etc etc. Fast yet thanks to VTEC system can save fuel nicely when you dont boot it everywhere.
Bar that but sticking with honda, Integra or Accord type r?
If you dont want to go the honda route then the fiat coupe is a lot of speed for the money, if you want more comfort the VRS is fairly fast, tho Im not sure if you can get a decent nick one for your price range yet (not looked for a while).

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
Forced induction or a nice V6 > annoying screaming 4 pots.
Not when fuel ecconomy is an issue, the varying cams mean you can get a decent amount of low end torque so you can get about without needing to trash it, but also go all out if you fancy some speed. You are right about the screaming part though :)

Back
Top Bottom