Alternatives to a Supra?

Man of Honour
eidolon said:
Would I be wrong in assuming that you've never driven a VTEC equipped car before?

Not a proper one, no (ie, a performance VTEC - you can't really call a bog standard Accord VTEC 2.0 with 130ish BHP a proper VTEC) but I have driven a MIVEC equipped car which is a similar principle and although perhaps not quite the system VTEC is, it's the same general idea.

Man of Honour
Skywalker said:
I said handling for that size car . There is no way the ST200 will handle anywhere near as good as the ATR .

Why?

look at the seats in the mondeo and then look at the seats in the accord . The mondeo seats are boaring looking .

They are proper Recaro full leather seats :confused:

Im saying I see loads of st200's and rarely see an ATR . The only ones i have seen are at meets and thats all .

I rarely see either - both are rare, top flight examples of popular cars. The ST200 was a limited edition, not very many were made, I assume the same is the case with the Accord.

Every thing i have said is about the accord TYPE R and not a standard one . There is a hell of a lot of difference between the 2 .

As there is a hell of a lot of difference between a Mondeo ST200 and a Mondeo LX - infact, it's noticeably different to the very similar looking ST24.

Infact, are you sure you are not thinking of the ST24? The ST200 is more than just an ST24 with 2 exhuasts and a bit more power.

I'm not saying the Accord Type R is bad, far from it, I just think the Mondeo is better :p I've a feeling Worthy might, as well, given his car history.

Oh and merlin, I expect more from you than that sort of pathetic comment. Thanks.

Soldato
VTEC is addictive and useful (well fun), in the Accord/Prelude/CTR?? theres enough low end just to cruise about without revving up as well

OP needs to be more specific about how fun the car needs to be as theres been a lot of good suggestions but different in character!

On one hand we have cruisey V6 Mondeos and boosted Octavias and on the other revvy Renaults and Hondas and more pure sport car like MX-5's

Soldato
eidolon said:
Would I be wrong in assuming that you've never driven a VTEC equipped car before?

Sounds that way doesn't it.

Driven an ST200 myself, its good but its not an Accord Type R.

The ATR feels stiffer, chasis feels crisper for sure, bite into a corner is instant and strong, plenty of oversteer, exit speeds are excellent because of LSD and in terms of handling and grip its just slaps the Ford in the face. Don't get me wrong the ST is good for the size of the car but the Accord has been worked on just drive a 'sport' model and the difference is massive.

Straight line the Accord has it and feels like it too, the ATR seats are awesome and the feel of the interior is better (for me), not a fan of the Mondeo's looks or interior and quite frankly its chasis is stodgy - Ford add a little extra damping and spring rate but don't touch the underpinning chasis!

I know which one would win round a track.

Oh and for the comments about the Integra Type R, the ATR is more then capable of matching its baby brother around a track.

Each to their own I guess.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Gibbo said:
Or go hot hatch/coupe and maybe look at Honda VTEC's in that price range along with maybe other hot hatches like the Clio's/Civics etc.

Made me chuckle, look at VTECs or a Honda Civic :p

Back
Top Bottom