1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Always tired

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thepharcyde, 27 Mar 2006.

1. thepharcyde

Sgarrista

Is it me or are you tired out by the weekend?

Take weekend before last, was going shopping and I was grumpy all day due to being tired. I went to bed around 12am waking up Saturday around 8amish.

Then this Friday, booked a day off work, and had to have a nap around 3ish, because I felt so tired.

When i am at work, which can be pretty hectic, 7.30am I leave home, get in around 6.30pm in the evening. I have a 45min train commute and I sleep on the way home for around half hour. But feel fine during the week, but when my minds not active i.e. chilling at the weekends, i wake up fresh, but then within a couple of hours feel tired, and could sleep for a hour or so then be okay. I was thinking that maybe I am not getting enough vits in my diet. But I do eat quite healthly my g/f makes sure of that.

Any ideas?!?

Last edited: 27 Mar 2006
  2. Stiff_Cookie

Man of Honour

There is a lot of stuff that can affect your energy level. Your diet, your water intake, your physical activity level (toomuch or too little), stress and probably a lot more.

3. DaveyD

Man of Honour

What does your diet consist of? Exercise much?

I ate a load of crap all day, chocolate, crisps and all that. But I stopped all that and started eating more fruit and found I had so much more energy during the day and evenings.

4. kuen_long

Gangster

are you overweight or anything?

5. thepharcyde

Sgarrista

im 25 5'8 around 13stone, so could lose a bit. I used to goto the gym, but then with work I have quarterends, which meant 8 weeks (work days) I would not finish until 7pm+ and was way too tired to goto the gym.

I wont lie, but last night I made a chilli, so not much in the way of veg their. But eat fruit a lot during the day. Maybe its a water thing, thinking about it, had a cup of tea this morning, and thats all i have drunk bar a latte at lunch.

I forget to add, I live a mile from the station which i walk to and from mon-friday so a 2 mile so a 8mile walk a week.

6. spike's

Mobster

you need to be drinking water aswell.
    all tea and coffee does its takes water away.

7. InsomniaCalls

Mobster

I used to be tired all the time.
    Few litres of water a day sorted it.

8. Glaucus

Man of Honour

too much sugar/fat in diet, even if your not overweight?
    not enough vitamins and minerals?
    Not enough exercise? (min 30mins X 3 times a week)

9. Red and White

Sgarrista

Last edited: 27 Mar 2006
  10. 1ofaKind

Hitman

I'm probably a bit worse than you :)

I've noticed now that on weekends I tend to sleep in the afternoons a lot - totally wiped out low energy. Perhaps its down to the fact that when your sleeping your generally comfortable, warm and not stressing out - I think for me its rest+escaping from the outside world.

I'm the 1st to admit I eat crappy food, I get enough exercise a day but my job stresses me out a fair bit (I'm not overweight).

I have to say though my body is accustomed to waking up at a set time each day and has been for probably the last 12 years+. I think sometimes its a combination of stress, getting older and just never having a lie in catching up on me.

It could be though the 20 choccy bars a day making me jump round like a loony ;) j/k