Am an idiot

Soldato
Tony Soprano said:
What's that, around £10,000 worth of chips, possibly a lot more depending on what speed the cores do? :( I wouldn't want to be you right now.
Will be nowhere near that. I'm not sure what the exact percentages are but I wouldn't be at all surprised if a large percentage of the manufacturing cost of a processor is the packaging of the die inside the completed "chip" rather than the manufacture of the die itself.

Associate
OP
M0T said:
Surely some of them will still be usable though?
Thats funny :)
yes i work in bunny suit and the crappy gloves.
couldnt blame it on someone else because everyone else buggered off.
what makes it worse is the tool is still down (time is money) because i have to open the chamber and clean it up. happy days .
As for the core speed i work in fab 36 which is the newest fab and has the newest tools so builds the fastest chips wafer was worth over 100,000 euros when finished.
just hope i get to go to austin this year for two weeks todo the handling course i think i need it

Associate
OP
Sirrel Squirrel said:
How did you manage to break it, I thought all that stuff was done with laser precision etc
Long story and very hard to explain but basically the automatic movements whouldnt work so i had to move the robot manually all good i have a wafer on the chuck and the robots homed. then i restart the tool at which point the chuck move 90 degrees and tinkle tinkle how forgot to apply the electrostatic force to hold the wafer to the chuck.

Associate
Ciao bella said:
Long story and very hard to explain but basically the automatic movements whouldnt work so i had to move the robot manually all good i have a wafer on the chuck and the robots homed. then i restart the tool at which point the chuck move 90 degrees and tinkle tinkle how forgot to apply the electrostatic force to hold the wafer to the chuck.

excuse my noobyness, but why doesn't the electrostatic force break the chips?

Soldato
Wow...they are actually people in those suits :eek: :D

Bad luck, but just say you're fed up working with sub standard machinery and it was bound to happen sooner or later...

Back
Top Bottom