1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I going bald?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PaulStat, 19 Feb 2006.

1. PaulStat

Soldato

Ok I have this weird thin patch of hair on my fringe, and it's been exactly the same for a couple of years at least now.

Now there is no history of male baldness in my family, plus it seems to be in an odd spot for me to be actually going bald. So I ask is this just a mild case of alopecia or what?

[​IMG]

Bare in mind the above was taken back in May 2004

2. Mr_L

Mobster

Could be stress.

3. panthro

Capodecina

if there is no history of male pattern baldness, then Im guessing it is alopecia.

4. Omicron

PermaBanned

Welcome to my world!

Remember, male pattern baldness is a sign of high testosterone, so you're just a red blooded man :p

5. SideWinder

Consigliere

You look sweaty. :o

6. cleanbluesky

Capodecina

I wish the trade off were that sincere

7. PaulStat

Soldato

lol, what!!!! It was hot ok :o

8. triggerthat

Soldato

Sorry to say mate, but you are. I started when I was 17.

9. ScoobyDoo

Mobster

Oh yes, id say its the first signs of loosing some hair, but it takes time and there are different factors that affect you going bald.

Im 35 and have had a good set of hair until about 30 when it started to thin slowly, but! since splitting up with my wife 7 months ago and going through a very stressful period which is still on going ive lost alot of hair, im not bald but its thined out alot.

I dont worry about it though, if your going to loose it your going to loose it and im afraid not matter what you do your not going to stop it.

10. zain

Mobster

Could just be stress....

11. PaulStat

Soldato

even though it's been exactly the same for the past 2 years or so? with no apparent further loss? And no history of hair loss on either side of the family?

12. djbenjo

Mobster

Best get that number one all over in now, before you start looking like Bobby Charlton!

13. triggerthat

Soldato

For your information, it started at 17, and has continued. It has basically thined through those 3 years and there are history of hair loss. There isn't a big relation to your family history of hair loss.

14. cleanbluesky

Capodecina

MPB is a very strange condition, it can go in stages, or a little receeding could happen early and then remain fine for the rest of your life... it can be very random...

In short, there is little/nothing medical science can do about it and I am yet to find an effective alternative therapy - unless you count not caring as an alternative therapy. It doesn't effect me, but it has taught me a valuable lesson about vanity and not letting things you might dislike about yourself overcome personal confidence...

Oh, and if you want a few bald heros think Vin Diesel, Patrick Stewart, Sean Connery, Joe Satriani and Maynard James Keenan...

I think the worst part about being bald is the idea that it can make men lose confidence and I am glad that I am 95% free of that trap.

15. Thrash

Hitman

As long as you are not a vain person baldness is not a problem, I started going thin on top a few years ago and accept it.

16. Treefrog

PermaBanned

In my case I don't have to look at it so I don't worry about it - if it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen.

17. AJUK

Man of Honour

No 1 all over, women love it!

18. shifty_uk

Capodecina

can anyone tell me what causes Baldness. Sorry if this offends anyone thats bald, but I don't want to ever go bald :|

What causes it?

Edit:
    Sorry, I'm not trying to hijack the thread. I just thought i'd ask instead of starting a new one.

19. Gilly

Man of Honour

I beat nature to it and balded myself :cool:

20. basmic

PermaBanned

Hereditory (sp?), stress, bad diet.

If your father went bald, you stand a decent chance of following his balding pattern.