• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Am I just being unlucky?

Associate
I brought a new Vega 56 which turned out to be faulty but now the replacement overclockers sent is doing this.

Reinstalled drivers and still the same. Any ideas? Or is it a case of another RMA??

--edit--

Just tried updating driver to latest. Now no display and fans on GPU are at full.

Associate
Check your motherboard manual - using other slots may reduce lane available to the x16 slot. If its PCIe 3.0 you'll be pushing it hard to use the full bandwidth when you have 8 lanes available.
Try re-seating it a few times to make sure its got a good connection. Do the same with your RAM.

The other thing is your PSU might not be feeding it enough power. It didn't look like it was doing much in the vid though.
Do you have another PSU to try, or another PC available that you could try the card in?

Associate
OP
Tried reseating bothbgpu and ram. Also have tried another PSU, though your right it's as soon as I get into windows. ☹️ No change. I really wish I hadn't tried to upgrade my GPU now. What with prices being what they are, but my 770 had died.

Associate
OP
Yer sadly only one full length x16 slot. PSU is 800w (I'd always planned on having 2xGTX 770 but never did)both of them, the second is an old one when I previously built this system with the 770 in I upgrade from a broken to a golden PSU.

Associate
OP
While saving up for a new GPU I have been able to borrow a 970 from my brother in law, this works without issue. I did pop it back in with a fresh driver install and no issues. Then put the Vega back in fresh drivers same problem. ☹️
Are you sure it isn't the monitor itself or the cable?

Soldato
Take a screenshot with print screen key and view it on another device such as your phone. If this screenshot doesn't show the problem then it is the monitor or cable as the screenshot function captures GPU and not monitor output.

Associate
OP
Take a screenshot with print screen key and view it on another device such as your phone. If this screenshot doesn't show the problem then it is the monitor or cable as the screenshot function captures GPU and not monitor output.
I've been able to test the monitor and cable with a GPU I had been loaned while I saved up for this one.

Back
Top Bottom