Am I mad part 2

Associate
OP
Will definately post a day by day build update, ok maybe not every day as that would probably bore peeps outta their minds :)

Not gonna be starting it for a while though as i've got to finish these:

Aliens apc

apc1.jpg

apc2.jpg

Excuse the crap quality took the pic quick with camera phone. Having to spend ages on this, basically all i'm doing is filling, sanding, filling, sanding :/ Its an old Halcyon kit but it doesnt have any assembly guide pins on it. Makes gluing it difficult especialy when things don't line up right.

1930 4.5L Supercharged Bentley

This is a beast. 1:12 scale.

1.jpg

Associate
OP
2.jpg

3.jpg

Not much more to be done but i'ge gotten a little bored of it (cue apc). Gonna dirty this baby up when ready, have it look like its just done 100 laps at Brooklands.

Soldato
Wow.. I've got that kit, but haven't started it yet. I've still got to work out how to get the best from it.

I've seen a completed build of that somewhere, and the guy did a stunning job. The kit was re-issued a few months back, and I didn't wait around and snapped up another one, to rip apart and try a few ideas out.

Associate
OP
-AnthraX- said:
Waste of money, after it's built it's just gonna sit around and eventually fall apart etc.
You could have spent the money on something more exciting such as anal lube. 150 tubes or so.

Chill Winston! Tell ya what I'll buy 1 tube of anal lube and send ya and buy 149 bottles of glue to hold the model together :D

Permabanned
I would stand no chance of contructing something like that.

After 10 minutes I would have snapped or swallowed half the pieces, bitten the box out of frustration and stormed off downstairs cursing the universe.

Soldato
Dublove said:
Chill Winston! Tell ya what I'll buy 1 tube of anal lube and send ya and buy 149 bottles of glue to hold the model together :D

Don't worry about it. ;) You wanted it, you brought it. I too spend money on boxes of plastic in hope of one day building it.

Plastic kits if constructed correctly, and cased up and protected will last for years... I've seen models sell on auction sites by well known pro builders and fetch thousands... Bill Atridge sold a 1:12 Tamiya McLaren for $5000 I think... Was a stunning replica of A Senna's McLaren, brought by a collector that, for some strange reason wanted a model that would sit collecting dust and would fall apart. :rolleyes:

I think this will look stunning when completed. Make sure you post some pictures of the completed models. I'm sure many on here like Star Wars. I know I do..

Soldato
The word is

BOUGHT. NO ******* R

I really don't understand how someone can think it is brought. At first i thought it was a typo, but I've seen it far too often on this forum, and it's getting on my **** now.
</rant>

Have fun building that model mate, you'll need the patience of a saint :D

Tom.

Soldato
Does the kit come with any sort of lighting equipment?

If not you're going to want some of those super-bright 5mm LED's for the engine, and some of those old style model train lights for the cabin.

Gotta add that speck of reality to it, right? ;)

Soldato
rG-tom said:
The word is

BOUGHT. NO ******* R

Tom.

Sorry..!!! :rolleyes: I fully intended to say "buy" and not "bring". It was a bad typo; anyhow you have had your rant. And I've seen the light, I'm thankful for you pointing out that I cannot grasp the English language. I shall now go and "buy" a thesaurus, and ensure I do not make such a massive grammatical oversight again.

After all if I "bought" a thesaurus, then I might not have made such a bad typo, and thus prevented this string of events from ever annoying you.

Soldato
iv-tecman said:
Sorry..!!! :rolleyes: I fully intended to say "buy" and not "bring". It was a bad typo; anyhow you have had your rant. And I've seen the light, I'm thankful for you pointing out that I cannot grasp the English language. I shall now go and "buy" a thesaurus, and ensure I do not make such a massive grammatical oversight again.

After all if I "bought" a thesaurus, then I might not have made such a bad typo, and thus prevented this string of events from ever annoying you.

hey, it's not just you that was aimed at, i've seen it hundreds of times on the forums and I thought I'd make it big in the hope that more people would see it :p

Tom.

Back
Top Bottom