Amazon Echo - anyone have one?

Associate
Controlling Sonos and hue lights. He has a dot in every room. He keeps showing off on his phone how to change the hue on the lights in his house, forgetting it's actually making his whole house light up and change colour. Once while he was out and had a babysitter. She didn't know what the hell was going on.

Sometimes if my wife’s mum stays over and sleeps on the sofa we will go to bed and I’ll change the entire living room to bright red at like 11pm

Soldato
I have a google mini and amazon echo in the same room (only bought the google mini to control chromecast audio...anyway...). About five times now the google mini's been activated by saying something to the echo. I can't remember what the previous requests were that activated both but this morning all I said was 'Echo, time' and both the echo and google mini responded and told me the time. No TV or any other noise in the background that could have possibly made 'Echo, Time' sound like OK Google

any ideas?

I'm thinking they must use the same technology and getting ermm crossed wires somehow!

Permabanned
I have it controlling my Sony Android TV. The app is on the TV and you need to enable it.

Turns it off/on Volume etc. Cant change channel or source yet.

Had mine a few months only use it to control the free hive equipment I got from British Gas.

Soldato
I have it controlling my Sony Android TV. The app is on the TV and you need to enable it.

Turns it off/on Volume etc. Cant change channel or source yet.

Had mine a few months only use it to control the free hive equipment I got from British Gas.
So you need to install an app on your smart TV and then Alexa can see it as a controllable device?

Are you able to explain this?

Thanks!

J.T

J.T

Soldato
So you need to install an app on your smart TV and then Alexa can see it as a controllable device?

Are you able to explain this?

Thanks!

"How to get started

Simply launch the ‘TV Control Set-up with Amazon Alexa’ app on the Home screen of your TV, then follow the instructions.

The app installs automatically on supported TVs – so if it’s missing, your TV may not be supported.

Click here for support: https://www.sony.co.uk/support/alexa"

Soldato
My neigbour bought me one for xmas. I only use it for radio. Like Alexa play iHeartRadio, when i get home for some dinner... Half the time she can't even get that right. Dumb broad! But it saves me looking for the remote. Other than that, its a complete gimmick !

Soldato
With the Echo Spot why can't you have a default screen that shows the time and weather forecast/temp etc? There's plenty of room to show both!?

Associate
What is the proper commands to change Hue scenes using a Dot?
I just cant seem to get it to work correctly.
For example in the living room ive got scenes like "movie" and "gaming" that ive made myself, or can you only change scenes that are already pre made?

Soldato
The joys of playing Fifa at 3am and Alexis Sanchez gets the ball, cueing Alexa to tell me all about the word Sanchez and me trying to hush her without waking the 1 year old!

Definitely need to look into some of the other functions though, we currently only use it for weather & spotify.

Back
Top Bottom