Amazon prime, add family member

Associate
Does this actually cost anything? I was led to believe that it was free, however I have received an email stating that my partner "completed a purchase for 7.99 GBP using your Visa ending in 0060. This card was made available to their account using Family Library on May 20 2020"

Now she hasn't bought anything, on my bank statement it states 7.99 amazon prime am, so, does am stand for add member?

I can't find anything about it costing money on the website

Associate
Does this actually cost anything? I was led to believe that it was free, however I have received an email stating that my partner "completed a purchase for 7.99 GBP using your Visa ending in 0060. This card was made available to their account using Family Library on May 20 2020"

Now she hasn't bought anything, on my bank statement it states 7.99 amazon prime am, so, does am stand for add member?

I can't find anything about it costing money on the website

Did she subscribe to anything in Prime that may take a payment? My mother was using my Prime account earlier this year to watch the tennis. She went into Eurosport (she didn't realise the difference) which was a free trial initially but then had an automatic charge once the trial expired.

Soldato
How does that work with prime video though, the UI awful.. loads of stuff is 'buy this old episode of south park for £2.99' or 'subscribe to that'...

What would stop a joint account holder clicking on load of content you have to pay for?

And why can't you just search for basic movie or TV categories?

And why can you skip ads and intros, but if you stop watching something when the credits roll, because you've not technically watched the full thing, it still suggests you continue watching it.

Grrrr

Last edited:

ALD

ALD

Associate
How does that work with prime video though, the UI awful.. loads of stuff is 'buy this old episode of south park for £2.99' or 'subscribe to that'...

What would stop a joint account holder clicking on load of content you have to pay for?

Set a PIN in parental controls for prime video.

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
I'm on my mum's Prime account and although it shows prime under the logo in the top left hand corner and I get all the Prime benefits I keep getting prompts to sign up to Amazon Prime or offered free trials.

Amazon music unlimited is £7.99 also just in case she's added that?

Back
Top Bottom