Amazon Prime Day

Soldato
Also bought the Philips Hue starter kit, although looks like Amazon were trying to sell their future stock, as mines not scheduled for delivery until early August.

Was going to get my old man the Bosch drill that was almost 50% off, had 2 battery packs. But that wasn't due to be shipped until mid-end August, and he couldn't be bothered waiting that long.

Soldato
This year I picked up:

ASUS RP-AC68U AC1900 USB 3.0 Range Extender with 5 Gigabit Ports
Seagate Backup Plus 4 TB USB 3.0, Portable, 2.5 inch External Hard Drive for PC and Mac - Blue
Battery Operated 7 Years Sensor Life Carbon Monoxide Detector CO Alarm With LCD Displays CO Density and Temperature
ASUS PCE-AC88 AC3100 Dual-Band Wi-Fi PCIe Adapter, 4 External Antenna with Stand, High-Power Design

Not a bad haul.

Frasier DVD boxset (I hate physical media but it's impossible to find other 'means' of getting this)
Have you heard of something called the internet? ;P

Soldato
I bought a Nest thermostat, new earbuds for jogging and a mop :o None of which I had any intention of buying before yesterday.

Resisted deal on a Netgear Orbii pack

Man of Honour
Echo dot, 22" monitor, couple of books, belkin smart plug socket and cards against humanity.

Books will be presents, monitor is to replace a friends failing screen, rest is mine.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Bought a 43" LG TV for the new flat moving into next month. First time I've actually bought a TV ever... 4K, HDR, seems to have good user reviews and only £379. What could go wrong? :D

Oh and the fiancée bought one of the new Kindles too to replace her old one which I'll nab!

Caporegime
Yes! Got two for the kids delivered today and they're great.

Can install Google play store easily and there are only ads on the lock screen. Utter bargain, especially at £50 relative to the competition.

I was cheap and got the HD7 for £19.99. For a 7" android pad you couldnt really go wrong. Will do as stocking fillers.

Seemed to be some pretty good deals, much better than the plethora of tat they had for black Friday.

Additional £10 off £40 spend with student prime, very generous.

And better than that the spend was based on the previous price, not the sale price. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
OP
Amazon cancelled all my friends and families hue bulbs.....made the mistake of ordering them all from my house so I assume the IP address was logged.

To make matters worse, I have a paid sub to torguard lol

Damn!

Soldato
Amazon cancelled all my friends and families hue bulbs.....made the mistake of ordering them all from my house so I assume the IP address was logged.

Damn!

Did you try to buy everything from your (Prime) account and then attempt to have them delivered to multiple locations?

I don't see why IP address matters.

Surely if everyone used their own (Prime) account to place the order, then they wouldn't care - even if it was all done from the same IP.

Likewise, even if you changed IP - surely they'd still be suspicious of multiple orders all going from the same account but to multiple destinations.

I'm confused as to why IP address / torguard would make any difference.

Soldato
OP
Did you try to buy everything from your (Prime) account and then attempt to have them delivered to multiple locations?

Surely if everyone used their own (Prime) account to place the order, then they wouldn't care - even if it was all done from the same IP.

Likewise, even if you changed IP - surely they'd still be suspicious of multiple orders all going from the same account but to multiple destinations.

No, each order went to a different address

:edit: Just arguing on Amazon Chat, their customer service has really gone downhill this past year

Last edited:
Soldato

iirc they were limiting 1 kit per account.

So ordering from multiple accounts under the same IP even if to different addresses probably raised a flag for them to cancel. Changing the IP would have probably allowed you to get around this restriction.

I can perfectly see why they put the limit in place, to stop people buying a huge chunk of stock and then flogging it on ebay for close to RRP.

Soldato
No, each order went to a different address

:edit: Just arguing on Amazon Chat, their customer service has really gone downhill this past year

You're complaining their customer service has gone down hill because they won't bend the rules and let you order 4 or 5 of 1 unit per customer product?

Associate
Missed out on the Harmony remote.

Got 3x dots and a bosch drill in my basket. In 2 minds about pressing the buy button.

Damn!

Fingers crossed i get all mine lol

Back
Top Bottom