Caporegime
Starting to get a bit fed up with Amazon lately. If this was a one off or if it had a decent explanation I'd shrug it off and move on, but both my wife and I have had loads of orders cancelled or delayed recently and I'm getting to the point of considering cancelling my Prime membership because of it. Getting seriously irritating now.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

pXQnNO4.jpg

Soldato
I can only see

beh

beh

Associate
Had a couple slip by a day or so. Still fairly content, don't know anywhere else that offers next day delivery (including on Sunday) when ordering up to ~mid evening the day before.

Soldato
I’ve noticed this too recently.

Two weeks ago I, and a couple of colleagues, ordered stuff to be delivered to the office.

Monday the delivery arrived at 17:15
Wednesday it arrived at 18:20
Friday it never arrived and got a message from Amazon that it had been ‘delayed’.

I ordered some stuff from Amazon warehouse and one item simply didn’t work - I always assumed they tested warehouse stuff before reselling it.

Usually they are very good but there definitely seems to have been a dip lately.

Soldato
Only had one recently, and I'm not sure it was actually.

I ordered some stuff and one of the items was a Whisky miniatures/tasting gift set for a relatives birthday, I didn't realise they couldn't deliver to my safe place without a signature due to the booze until after I missed the first attempt, they usually leave parcels by my door, I was resigned to it being returned undelivered because there wouldn't be anybody there to sign on any of the attempts but when I got home the next day they'd left it where they always leave it, by my door without a signature.

Not really bothered but he could have just done that the day before.

Soldato
Speak to them via customer services, especially if it's a late Prime order, they'll give you a month free

Man of Honour
QOncTwi.png

Not alone - however I've a couple of other orders in the same timeframe that have turned up next day fine - so possibly an issue with a specific area of the company - though in my case the item is being shipped from Germany (sold by Amazon not a 3rd party). Though the issues started once it hit Tamworth.

Standard imo. Unless an item is listed as eligible for Saturday delivery under prime, i would doubt a next day delivery if the order was placed on a friday.

99% of the time when I order something with Prime even fairly late on a Friday it turns up next day on a Saturday and about 75% of the time stuff ordered on a Saturday comes on Sunday.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Speak to them via customer services, especially if it's a late Prime order, they'll give you a month free
I suspect so many people are doing this that it’ll stop. Every thread on here has the same standard advice and you just know there are scrotes that abuse stuff like this.

Caporegime
Last Amazon prime item never dispatched, so got another month.
The price of said item then dropped 6 days later. Was told they couldn't give me a partial refund. So I E-mailed up again and they handed me a 25% partial refund, greater than the 20% I was requesting for price parity.

Caporegime
I suspect so many people are doing this that it’ll stop. Every thread on here has the same standard advice and you just know there are scrotes that abuse stuff like this.

If they can't fulfill the promise then they shouldn't make it.

Caporegime
OP
If they can't fulfill the promise then they shouldn't make it.

This. I don't want free stuff. I want what I paid for, which is guaranteed next day delivery. I could've gotten this much faster elsewhere, without paying, yet Amazon take longer and charge me for it.

I hope that there's a valid reason for their inability to meet their terms lately and that it's back to normal soon. I love Prime.

Soldato
On a counter note, ordered an item yesterday actually from an associate seller but Prime eligible. turned up at 11am this morning and amazon usually never deliver in our street before 1pm, more usually 4pm.

Soldato
At the time of ordering does it state guaranteed delivery or estimated delivery? Even with prime I have noticed this varies.

If you order something from one of the EU warehouses then it will take longer. It's not always obvious if it's EU based.

Sometimes prime let's you upgrade to before 0900 other times it's not an option.

However, if they miss the guaranteed delivery then get on web chat and you can usually get free prime. Just be polite and ask them to clarify delivery times and they normally offer.

Man of Honour
It's hardly abuse. Prime offers guaranteed next day, if they break the guarantee, you should get a refund, however they'd rather keep the money so extend your prime. It's reasonable to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom