• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 3900X RETAIL AT £399.95 (£349 in store) FOR OcUK 20th BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION !!!

OcUK Staff
Hi there

So AMD are launching an incentive that goes live Sunday, but as its our birthday event, they are allowing us to do this from midday tomorrow:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X Twelve Core 4.6GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail @ £399.95 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/AMD-...Hz-Socket-AM4-Processor-Retail-CP-3B5-AM.html

100-100000023BOX, 12 Core with 24 Threads, 4.60GHz clock speed, 7nm FinFet Process, 64MB L3 Cache, Dual Channel DDR4 Controller, 3200-3600MHz RAM Recommended, 3 Year Warranty

Was [£449.99] Inc. VAT

Only £399.95 inc VAT or £349.99 IN STORE

ORDER NOW

This price is only valid until midday Monday, at which point it shall increase to £419.99, the promotional price of £419.99 shall then end middle of March.

OcUK Staff
OP
New chips must be incoming soon.

No chance I’m afraid even if AMD say planned to release something April which they did not but now it would be delayed until late Summer due to Corona virus to give an example as the virus has literally shut down factories in Far East and those open are not at full production due to staff in quarantine for example.

Associate
No chance I’m afraid even if AMD say planned to release something April which they did not but now it would be delayed until late Summer due to Corona virus to give an example as the virus has literally shut down factories in Far East and those open are not at full production due to staff in quarantine for example.
True. I'm tempted by the 3900x - must resist.

Caporegime
Shame I live nowhere near OCUK!
Yeah any saving would be wiped out by the cost of getting there.

Just for a laugh I went to nationalrail.co.uk and found the price of a day return from here to Longport... £180 :p

Just lol at rail travel in this country.

Google tells me it's a 600 mile round-trip, so about £80 in petrol by car.

Soldato
Yeah any saving would be wiped out by the cost of getting there.

Just for a laugh I went to nationalrail.co.uk and found the price of a day return from here to Longport... £180 :p

Hah.

Just had a look myself, it'd cost me £109 by rail with a warning that storm Jorge might affect the already 4 hour journey. It's actually cheaper to fly if you go on a 3 day trip at £107, pretty typical.

Associate
What do you think of the 3700x mate
I don't think mine is the best example in turns of stock clocks, but it's better than the 8700k it replace for all round work loads.

For gaming, smoother overall even if the peak FPS is slightly lower (1440).

For gns3 and the VM for ISE, night and day difference. Now I'm RAM limited not CPU.

I still want the 12 core but feel my money would be better spent on 32g of ram and wait for the 4000 series of chips to come out, then go for a 16 core.

Soldato
I don't think mine is the best example in turns of stock clocks, but it's better than the 8700k it replace for all round work loads.

For gaming, smoother overall even if the peak FPS is slightly lower (1440).

For gns3 and the VM for ISE, night and day difference. Now I'm RAM limited not CPU.

I still want the 12 core but feel my money would be better spent on 32g of ram and wait for the 4000 series of chips to come out, then go for a 16 core.
Thanks I'm in same boat looking at updating my daughter's pc and can't make my mind up from 3700x or just get a 3900x and be done with it while its on offer at 350 as its only a bit more than the 3700x its giving me a headache lol

Back
Top Bottom